2020-2021 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, cassiea said:

Congrats to you both!! Do you mind posting your stats!?

Sure thing! 

Overall GPA 3.84

Science GPA 3.74

Patient Care 2,058 hours

Healthcare 1,530 hours (but some schools might consider this PCE, it was as a mental health technician in a residential treatment facility)

Volunteer 760 hours

GRE 315

Submitted 6/30

4 minutes ago, faithr3 said:

Received an interview invite last night as well! Scheduled for September 17th, and it will be all online! So excited for everyone! 

Mine is Sept 17th too! I wonder if they will still be having group interviews with the virtual format? If so I’m excited to meet you 🙂 my name is Libby btw 

On 8/6/2020 at 1:47 PM, KaiteKakes said:

Congrats, everyone! Did anyone get an interview invite with a cGPA <3.8?? 

Hey! I'm a current 1st year at MWU and just found out I am going to be a student ambassador for interviews! So I wanted to hop on to see if anyone had been offered interviews yet.  I had a cGPA of 3.3 and sGPA of 3.19 (but my masters was better), but they really look for well rounded people so don't get too hung up on the stats!  Also, a lot of my classmates got in off the wait list! Hope to meet some of you online!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Kdrake75 said:

Hey! I'm a current 1st year at MWU and just found out I am going to be a student ambassador for interviews! So I wanted to hop on to see if anyone had been offered interviews yet.  I had a cGPA of 3.3 and sGPA of 3.19 (but my masters was better), but they really look for well rounded people so don't get too hung up on the stats!  Also, a lot of my classmates got in off the wait list! Hope to meet some of you online!

Well this makes me feel 1000000% better. Midwestern is my "reach" school because my GPA isn't quite on par. But my PCE and volunteer experiences are extensive and unique, so that gives some hope. If we haven't heard back yet about interviews, does that mean we should count ourselves out already, or is there still a chance potentially? 

Edited by KaiteKakes
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 1:16 PM, Kdrake75 said:

Congratulations on becoming a student ambassador! I received an interview invite on August 1 and am looking forward to meeting current students and faculty members! Do you know what the format is for interviews? 

• 2 weeks later...