2020-2021 Application Cycle

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2020 at 5:02 PM, Ayalad said:

Anyone get any updates? I received word that they have all of my stuff, but that's it. 

Same here. I was verified last week and just got the "we have your stuff" email today. AT Still seems to be moving quick while NAU and MWU seem to wait a little I think. I wonder if they do less interviews per cycle. I'll have to look that up.

Hey all, I’ve been in communication with MWU given I decided to retake the GRE. They told me that “the committee will not be making any decisions until mid-July. As a result of the pandemic interviews will be later than usual this year and will be completing all interviews through a virtual platform.”

I hope that helps clarify a few points. Best of luck!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, KortneyDaly said:

Hey all, I’ve been in communication with MWU given I decided to retake the GRE. They told me that “the committee will not be making any decisions until mid-July. As a result of the pandemic interviews will be later than usual this year and will be completing all interviews through a virtual platform.”

I hope that helps clarify a few points. Best of luck!

I got the same email. The suspense is killing me. I'm assuming the forum will be quiet for a few weeks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pathtopas said:

Hi guys! Does anyone have any insight regarding achieving at/above the 50th percentile on the GRE? Is this a recommendation or a strict requirement? 

Yes, I was told the only reason I didn’t get an interview last cycle was due to sub-par GRE score. Best to get at least 50th percentile in EACH category. Good luck!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2020 at 1:35 PM, pathtopas said:

Hi guys! Does anyone have any insight regarding achieving at/above the 50th percentile on the GRE? Is this a recommendation or a strict requirement? 

I contacted them about this and they said it's not a deal breaker, but it is preferred. I had the 49th percentile in quantitative. Ugh. But not retaking at this point. It is what it is. 

On 6/27/2020 at 2:33 PM, KortneyDaly said:

Yes, I was told the only reason I didn’t get an interview last cycle was due to sub-par GRE score. Best to get at least 50th percentile in EACH category. Good luck!

Is this their first year with the caspr test? Will that have any impact over the GRE cause my scores are crap and I don't want to retake it if i dont have too. Even if I did, I think all testing is suspended indefinitely.

This is not the first year for the CASPer test, I took it last year as well. As per my previous post, it's best to get at least 50th percentile in each category of the GRE. MWU specifically stated that is what would "make me a strong candidate." I am taking the at-home GRE test, MWU will accept this version given the current health crisis. I wish you nothing but the best Kerry!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, biglol said:

Hi, did you all send over your GRE and CASPer prior to applying? I took both in the last 2 weeks so results aren't ready, but I'm not sure if I have to wait for the program to receive the scores before I can apply

You can send your application before they receive the scores. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, biglol said:

Hi, did you all send over your GRE and CASPer prior to applying? I took both in the last 2 weeks so results aren't ready, but I'm not sure if I have to wait for the program to receive the scores before I can apply

Don’t worry, they don’t need the scores first for you to apply. They’ll just need them for the application to be complete.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...