Duties (I am struggling with these)

So, in the "duties" part of the application, I am not sure how to write these down. Would it be okay for me to list all the duties that I had and then at the end have a statement like "These duties improved my ability to blank, blank, and blank" or should I be incorporating statements like these into every single duty? I ask because I feel like it would look insane if I kept saying what skill/ability was enhanced after each duty I performed. Any and all advice greatly appreciated. Thank you!

So, in the "duties" part of the application, I am not sure how to write these down. Would it be okay for me to list all the duties that I had and then at the end have a statement like "These duties improved my ability to blank, blank, and blank" or should I be incorporating statements like these into every single duty? I ask because I feel like it would look insane if I kept saying what skill/ability was enhanced after each duty I performed. Any and all advice greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I wrote it like a resume, not a list. Ex: "Quickly mastered all skills necessary to assist with activities of daily living, including intermittent catheterization, neurogenic bowel care, bathing, dressing, feeding, and transfers. I also assisted during physical therapy appointments, learning to set up a functional electric stimulation bike and participating in range of motion and stretching exercises." I think I would definitely not just list duties.

I wrote it like a resume, not a list. Ex: "Quickly mastered all skills necessary to assist with activities of daily living, including intermittent catheterization, neurogenic bowel care, bathing, dressing, feeding, and transfers. I also assisted during physical therapy appointments, learning to set up a functional electric stimulation bike and participating in range of motion and stretching exercises." I think I would definitely not just list duties.

Thanks for the input mackjacks. Others on this site seem to suggest that a list would allow an ad comm member to skim making it easier for them to grasp all the info. I just called a school to ask and they told me a list would be perfectly fine. They specifically told me not to state anything beyond the duties because they want to hear that either in the personal statement or during the interview. This might be different for different schools I guess. Damn!

Thanks for the input mackjacks. Others on this site seem to suggest that a list would allow an ad comm member to skim making it easier for them to grasp all the info. I just called a school to ask and they told me a list would be perfectly fine. They specifically told me not to state anything beyond the duties because they want to hear that either in the personal statement or during the interview. This might be different for different schools I guess. Damn!

I would make a list. Even mackjacks resume format is still rather list-like, but just in sentence form. I am pretty sure that on my application I just listed my duties. Does it specifically say that you need to note what skill/ability was enhanced by each "duty"? If not, I would leave it out. I kept my CASPA application and personal statement as concise and on-point as possible - remember, the people reading these applications are sorting through HUNDREDS of them, so only write down what is specifically asked and don't ramble and go on tangents, especially in the PS.

I would make a list. Even mackjacks resume format is still rather list-like, but just in sentence form. I am pretty sure that on my application I just listed my duties. Does it specifically say that you need to note what skill/ability was enhanced by each "duty"? If not, I would leave it out. I kept my CASPA application and personal statement as concise and on-point as possible - remember, the people reading these applications are sorting through HUNDREDS of them, so only write down what is specifically asked and don't ramble and go on tangents, especially in the PS.

Archived