Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 10/20/2020 at 6:05 PM, LexieB said:

Did anyone interview on 10/15?

I did, but I haven't heard anything yet. I emailed Dr. Bigler a couple days ago to see when we may begin hearing about any decisions, but I haven't heard back yet. If I hear something, I'll definitely let everyone know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RD2PA17 said:

I did, but I haven't heard anything yet. I emailed Dr. Bigler a couple days ago to see when we may begin hearing about any decisions, but I haven't heard back yet. If I hear something, I'll definitely let everyone know.

Do you have any insight as to whether they were planning to "weed out" applicants using the CASPer and SortSmart? Wondering if maybe they mentioned it during the first round of interviews. 

 

I just find it strange that no one has mentioned anything about any other interview dates because I thought surely there'd be at least one more October date. And since it's getting late in the month.....

 

I'm probably overthinking it, but.... Aaaaahhhhh! This is just such a stressful process!

Thanks for keeping us posted! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LexieB said:

Do you have any insight as to whether they were planning to "weed out" applicants using the CASPer and SortSmart? Wondering if maybe they mentioned it during the first round of interviews. 

 

I just find it strange that no one has mentioned anything about any other interview dates because I thought surely there'd be at least one more October date. And since it's getting late in the month.....

 

I'm probably overthinking it, but.... Aaaaahhhhh! This is just such a stressful process!

Thanks for keeping us posted! 🙂

Hello! After completing the CASPer and SortSmart assessments, I received an invitation to a Zoom interview for October 29th at around 3pm today. 

Edited by pnguyen
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone, I just got an email from Dr. Bigler saying they anticipate all decisions to be made prior to Thanksgiving. So that’s at least a little information to keep our minds from wandering too much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PANola said:

I interviewed on October 15th and received an acceptance email today. Good luck to everyone else! Don’t lose hope!

Congratulations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PANola said:

I interviewed on October 15th and received an acceptance email today. Good luck to everyone else! Don’t lose hope!

I’m confused. I thought everyone had to go through the 3 steps (Casper, sortsmart, zoom)  in order to get accepted? I think I might be missing something.

Congratulations none the less. That’s awesome! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ms Bigler said we would start hearing a couple weeks after the interview. So I don’t know if they even consider Casper or sort smart honestly 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PANola said:

Ms Bigler said we would start hearing a couple weeks after the interview. So I don’t know if they even consider Casper or sort smart honestly 

Oh so some people have already had their zoom interview? I did not realize this lol! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, PANola said:

Yes I had my zoom interview on October 15

Gotcha! 
I was definitely under the impression that our Casper & SortSmart performance determined if we got a zoom interview. Thank you for explaining & congrats on acceptance!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the interview email on September 22nd and it said Casper, sort smart, and zoom were required to be considered for acceptance. I don’t think Casper and sort smart were needed to be considered for zoom. All three were required to my understanding. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PANola said:

I got the interview email on September 22nd and it said Casper, sort smart, and zoom were required to be considered for acceptance. I don’t think Casper and sort smart were needed to be considered for zoom. All three were required to my understanding. 

Yes! I think it was just the wording of the email when it said “selected applicants will be invited to participate in Zoom” that threw me off. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was the initial invitation to interview I got back in August. See attachment. It’s very generic - doesn’t specify anything about zoom or anything. I don’t think they knew what they would require at that time. But I would imagine the invitation would include all parts of the interview. Hope this helps. Good luck everyone. 

B4F748B6-B101-4A66-B909-667B0CB04FDE.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for this info, y'all! It's very helpful! And I'm glad I'm not the only one that was a bit thrown off by the wording.

 

Assuming some of us who are still waiting don't get emails tomorrow, this will at least hopefully contain our anxiety over the weekend. 😜

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More