2020-2021 Application cycle

On 8/20/2020 at 7:11 PM, AnOlive said:

Thank you so much! Would you be willing to discuss any changes to the curriculum due to COVID-19?  Also, I am very interested in the capstone project, would you be willing to share a little more about the capstone project in terms of how you decide a topic (if you get to decide), is it independent research or can you work with a team, and if you have a mentor along the way? 

Thank you again.

Hey! So since we've started back in May we've been 100% online and while it's definitely has had its challenges, it is doable and manageable with proper time management and self discipline. For the fall we will be able to go back in person for anatomy labs, PBLs and physical exam skills practice, however, most of our lectures will remain online. And regarding the capstone project, I haven't looked into that much yet since we're still in our first semester but send me a private message and I can get you some info on that!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, prepagirl321 said:

1) So I think we only have a handful of students in my current cohort that are from out of state. 

2) One thing I like most about USF's program is how welcoming everyone is. The staff have been so supportive and they really do all they can to ensure their students succeed. It definitely feels like a family.

3) It's really hard to comment on this currently with everything going on with COVID but in general the Morsani College of Medicine is HUGE on volunteering and giving back to the community. There's always so many opportunities available to students to get involved within the community. In terms of bonding with the class, we haven't really had the opportunity to do any in person bonding but just over the last 3 months I feel we have gotten so close as a class just based on how much we all talk everyday in a group chat together.

Thank you for answering! I'm glad to hear everyone has come together like family, especially during this time. Good luck with your classes! 

52 minutes ago, HopefullPA said:

I was looking to apply here but I'm not sure about their accreditation status. When is this school expecting to gain full accreditation and did they already have their first graduating class?

Yes they already graduated two classes already, they just recently submitted their paperwork in order to be granted continuing accreditation. It takes a few years before a program can move from provisional to continuing accreditation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 7:29 AM, gvsuprePA said:

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Hi! So sorry I'm new to PA forum, so I hope I'm responding to this correctly. 

Texas resident, first generation student, BS in Biology cum. science GPA - 3.47     

Undergrad research ~ 60 hours         GRE - 307, 4.0 writing 

HCE - 1,060 hours as ER scribe          PCE - 4,600 hours as MA at neurology clinic 

Leadership ~ 2,100 hours as lead prior authorization MA 

Non-healthcare experience - 620 hours as assistant manager 

Volunteer ~ 50 hours                          Shadowing ~ 20 hours with Neurologist 

These are my stats at time of submission. As you can see I am lacking in shadowing hours and my GPA/GRE is pretty average. If anyone is having doubts, just know that you are unique and have your own strengths! Wishing the best for all 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my name is Alexis Keys 🙂 I was just furthering my research about USF's esteemed PA program and wanted to know if there was any current students that can tell me a little about their experience in clinical rotations? Like where do you have your clinical rotations at, what are the options that you were stuck between choosing for clinical rotations, and last any advice for any incoming students that are blessed enough to be accepted?

Hi, future Bulls!

I received an interview invite on 10/15 but did not accept since I’ve already accepted a seat at my top choice school and dual program. As a USF alum, I can tell you that USF Health is on the rise and produce incredible providers. Best of luck to you all! I hope this opens an interview spot for someone else. 

Best,

Mallory

On 10/21/2020 at 3:02 PM, avalonmarlo said:

Hi all, I will be interviewing on 11/5 with USF and I am very excited. 🙂 I was wondering if anyone has had interviews with USF yet and if you could tell me anything about their process?

Thanks in advance!

Hey! I can give you a quick overview of the process. They sent out a detailed schedule before the date with specific times for the introduction/Q&A,  two 1-on-1 interviews, closing remarks, and current student Q&A. There also attached links to YouTube videos about the program to watch at home so that we focused more on Q&A in the time allotted. In addition, there's an essay and short survey that you have plenty of time to complete before the end of the session. Just be yourself! All the faculty and students were super friendly and encouraged us to ask questions about the program.

Edited by atoy1

3 hours ago, avalonmarlo said:

This is helpful. Thanks so much! Did they say anything about when you would know if you’ve been offered a seat?

I believe they said they are reviewing applicants in groups so we might not hear back for a while. Can't remember exactly, but I think they said like 3-4 weeks or no sooner than 4 weeks.  

• Thanks 1