2020-2021 Application cycle

I'm late to the game, and wondering what GRE scores are competitive?

My husband is possibly being transferred for work and I don't want to miss an opportunity to apply considering there is strong chance we will end up in Orlando.  I have not taken the GRE yet and I'm wondering if it's too late to do it, or if I do take it and don't do great, if it will do more harm than good.  My app is very competitive otherwise.

Thanks!

Liz

s

6 minutes ago, PaLiz2021 said:

I'm late to the game, and wondering what GRE scores are competitive?

My husband is possibly being transferred for work and I don't want to miss an opportunity to apply considering there is strong chance we will end up in Orlando.  I have not taken the GRE yet and I'm wondering if it's too late to do it, or if I do take it and don't do great, if it will do more harm than good.  My app is very competitive otherwise.

Thanks!

Liz

s

Hello, the school’s brochure states competitive students score in the 40th percentile and above. 
I’d definitely suggest taking a practice exam (plenty online) to see where you’re at and how much you need to study. Otherwise it’ll be a waste of money if you don’t score well. But get it done as asaaapp if you plan on applying this cycle!
Best wishes!! 

• Like 1

Hello,

I didn't get an interview but here what their website states: "The College requires applicants to earn a grade of C or better in each of the following required subjects (science prerequisites must be completed by the end of the fall semester prior to matriculation):"

So, basically, yes...they might offer  you an interview with outstanding courses, but it can't be more than 8 credits from what I remember discussing with Sarah.

Best of luck!

On 10/24/2020 at 10:59 AM, Levisolomon said:

Me. This is my top choice school and I’m praying every day that my day will come. I do know that they continue to interview up until the program starts to fill all the seats. Last cycle i didn’t receive my rejection letter until May. 

Interview invites go out past December, most competitive applicants interview at the beginning of the process (depends on when you submit too), but there are thousands of applications to get through so don't freak out yet! 

Edited by PAS1orlando
  • Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 10:38 AM, PAS1orlando said:

Interview invites go out past December, most competitive applicants interview at the beginning of the process (depends on when you submit too), but there are thousands of applications to get through so don't freak out yet! 

Yeah, i submitted in May this year. I’m not the MOST competitive applicant, but i do exceed the requirements. So I’m just hoping I’ll slip into an interview one of these days 

2 hours ago, megzel96 said:

Hey everyone! Just curious to how the interview experience is with this program. I saw it is from 8:30am to 1:30pm, so I am wondering what exactly the day will consist of so I can coordinate my time off with my employer. Thank you in advance for your input!

It was organized well. If I remember correctly, you will be in a "waiting room" until the meeting starts at 8:30. Hopefully, you will get to meet Sarah (she is awesome), and you will briefly get to find out about the applicants via an ice breaker. We were given an informative presentation about the program. Then we chatted with some PA-S1 students. We had a virtual campus tour, and lastly a clinical info session. Somewhere between 9:00-12:00, each applicant had an individual interview with 3 faculty members (all at the same time). In the last 15 minutes, we had three guest speakers who briefly highlighted the uniqueness of the Orlando campus with the facilities and services available. I think we ended at 13:00.

• Like 1