Anyone know if UC San Diego extension courses ( https://extension.ucsd.edu/courses-and-programs/biochemistry) count towards most PA school pre-requisites. I need to take Biochemistry and Genetics over the summer. First time applicant and these would be my two in-progress courses. 

UC San Diego's prices are pretty good from what I see. Unfortunately most schools that I e-mailed regarding pre-requisites say they can't provide info on if the course would satisfy their requirements at this time.

Otherwise does anyone have suggestions for where I could take online classes that count towards most schools but still affordable? Currently out of work due to COVID-19.

Any help is appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I took Applied Immunology through UCSD online over the summer last year as I was applying. As long as labs are not required with those courses, I'm sure they will count. Schools usually base whether or not it qualifies on the course code to make sure it is an upper division course. I also took classes at Southern California University of Health Sciences. They offer accelerated classes so it was a great option to get the work done in a short amount of time. I took Anatomy and Physiology I and II and Microbiology through SCUHS. I did in-person classes with labs, but I believe they have online options as well. Good luck!

• 3 months later...
On 5/12/2020 at 10:35 PM, CAtoNY said:

Hi! I took Applied Immunology through UCSD online over the summer last year as I was applying. As long as labs are not required with those courses, I'm sure they will count. Schools usually base whether or not it qualifies on the course code to make sure it is an upper division course. I also took classes at Southern California University of Health Sciences. They offer accelerated classes so it was a great option to get the work done in a short amount of time. I took Anatomy and Physiology I and II and Microbiology through SCUHS. I did in-person classes with labs, but I believe they have online options as well. Good luck!

How was your experience taking those classes at SCUHS? I read some negative reviews but wanted to learn more from others.