Touro (NY) Graduates

Hi everyone. I was wondering because of the scandal in Touro Manhattan in 2007 about degrees being sold and grades being changed due to bribery, is it difficult for Touro graduates to find a job? Are people skeptical of your degree? I'm probably going to be attending Touro and was wondering if the past scandal has a lingering impact on the community.

Graduated Touro in 2009, was in school when this happened. From what I recall this scandal involved teaching degree's and had absolutely nothing to do with their Physician Assistant programs. I'd probably eat my shoe if anyone even asked you about this at an interview or ever.

Realistically, even if Touro did print you up a degree its worthless if you can not pass the boards.

Touro has been in the PA education business for a quite some time now. I dont think its fair to question how "solid" the school is because of this incident. You also must remember that Touro has multiple campuses around the country and this scandal only involved the Manhattan campus.

I graduated from the Manhattan program in 2005, and I can say that I had a great education. No school is perfect, but Touro was consistently praised at clinical rotation sites for having well prepared students- this was said even when we were rotating with medical students. I believe everyone in my class got a job almost immediately following graduation, most in the NYC area, and have been employed since.

Archived