PANCE struggles

Trying to take the PANCE

Hey everyone,

I had my PANCE scheduled for the end of May and just logged onto the website and saw that they made the date June 25th without a location or even a notification that they changed it. I don’t know if this is temporary while they wait for testing centers to reopen (and that it’ll go back to the original date after) or if my test is canceled. I already tried to call/email them with no luck, so I’m just curious if this has happened to anyone else.

Thank you!

Edit: also, if you have been able to take your pance recently, please lmk what state you’re in. I’m in PA.

Edited by futurePAinPA23

No experience taking the PANCE but recently taken my board certification to be a "specialized ER nurse" through pearson vue. My original test date was cancelled and was given a June date without a specific location. This is a temporary placement until you reschedule your exam.

Keep checking neighboring test centers and ones in neighboring States. I scheduled it for PA but ended up taking it a week early in New Jersey. 

Good luck

6 minutes ago, Diggy said:

No experience taking the PANCE but recently taken my board certification to be a "specialized ER nurse" through pearson vue. My original test date was cancelled and was given a June date without a specific location. This is a temporary placement until you reschedule your exam.

Keep checking neighboring test centers and ones in neighboring States. I scheduled it for PA but ended up taking it a week early in New Jersey. 

Good luck

Thanks for replying! That’s reassuring that you were able to take an exam in NJ. I scheduled my exam in Princeton so fingers crossed it stays open! Take care.

So I just ran into a similar situation.  I just graduated a few weeks ago.  My PANCE was initially scheduled for 4/29, but do to Covid it got randomly rescheduled to the end of July.  I'm in California and started searching all over California, but no spots in April were open.  I finally found a spot in Salt Lake City, UT, but I kept checking all over and another spot in Las Vegas, NV opened.  I was advised by a Pearson center in San Diego to keep checking daily as they were opening spots regularly.  Slowly but surely, a few spots in California began to open and I had classmates at their local hometowns have spots open as well.

Overall, my advice would be to check a few times a day at the locations that you want to test at to see if any slots opened up.  It's annoying cause you have had your heart set on a test date, but adaptation is apart of our field I guess.

I took my test on 4/20/2020 and thankfully passed.   Keep at it, keep reviewing, and you'll be ready whenever you find a test time.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

My original PANCE examination was cancelled and reschedule for June as well. Don’t panic. I checked testing sites daily sometimes multiple times and ended up finding a spot at the same location of my original exam over a month earlier than the rescheduled time they assigned me. Again... continue checking testing centers And you should find a spot. It will all work out.

On 4/30/2020 at 3:07 PM, kmash said:

So I just ran into a similar situation.  I just graduated a few weeks ago.  My PANCE was initially scheduled for 4/29, but do to Covid it got randomly rescheduled to the end of July.  I'm in California and started searching all over California, but no spots in April were open.  I finally found a spot in Salt Lake City, UT, but I kept checking all over and another spot in Las Vegas, NV opened.  I was advised by a Pearson center in San Diego to keep checking daily as they were opening spots regularly.  Slowly but surely, a few spots in California began to open and I had classmates at their local hometowns have spots open as well.

Overall, my advice would be to check a few times a day at the locations that you want to test at to see if any slots opened up.  It's annoying cause you have had your heart set on a test date, but adaptation is apart of our field I guess.

I took my test on 4/20/2020 and thankfully passed.   Keep at it, keep reviewing, and you'll be ready whenever you find a test time.

Thank you! I was able to take it. Now just waiting on results 😬