• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I applied to NSU in Fort Lauderdale for the first time this past cycle. I was selected for and interview, but unfortunately I was rejected in the end. It was my first time applying, and NSU was

Interviewed 10/6 and was accepted today! ☺️

Yes, I was #29 on 02/03/2021 and was accepted on 03/01/2021!

Posted Images

I see on their website that they require English and an Advanced Math Course. I did not take these courses in undergrad because I took AP English and AP Calculus in high school. Does anyone know if they will accept this? 

I also did not take a General Biology class, but I took Cell Bio with a lab. Any one know if this will suffice?

Thanks in advance!

On 5/2/2020 at 12:17 AM, julied410 said:

I see on their website that they require English and an Advanced Math Course. I did not take these courses in undergrad because I took AP English and AP Calculus in high school. Does anyone know if they will accept this? 

I also did not take a General Biology class, but I took Cell Bio with a lab. Any one know if this will suffice?

Thanks in advance!

You should email them. I don't know if Cell Bio will take the place of a Biology class. 

Hello, I applied to NSU in Fort Lauderdale for the first time this past cycle. I was selected for and interview, but unfortunately I was rejected in the end. It was my first time applying, and NSU was the only college I applied to because it is really the only school I want to attend for many reasons. I know nothing is guaranteed, but I was very confident that I would get accepted. I am an NSU alumni, and I know I am a strong applicant, which is why it got me to the interview. I was pretty nervous during the interview, but I felt that I answered everything to the best of my ability. My only regret was maybe not saying more than just answering their questions. I called one of the professors who was present during my interview and I was able to get some feedback. I am making the small but necessary adjustments  to hopefully get accepted to NSU  this cycle. Although NSU will be my top choice, I do plan to apply to other schools in this cycle. I rather get accepted to “a”school and start my PA journey than not at all.  I was very discouraged and frustrated when I was rejected, but I know in my heart that I want to be a PA, that I have what it takes to be a PA, and that I am going to be a great PA.  So here I am, my second time around with new hope, and giving it all I have. To all first-time applicants, I wish you good luck, and my advice is to  apply as early as possible (to several schools), practice mock interviews, and do not hold anything back during the interviews. To returning applicants, I know getting over rejection is extremely difficult, but we only fail when we give up. So think of your “why” and do not give up. Good luck!  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3
On 5/4/2020 at 2:35 AM, smiths13 said:

Hello, I applied to NSU in Fort Lauderdale for the first time this past cycle. I was selected for and interview, but unfortunately I was rejected in the end. It was my first time applying, and NSU was the only college I applied to because it is really the only school I want to attend for many reasons. I know nothing is guaranteed, but I was very confident that I would get accepted. I am an NSU alumni, and I know I am a strong applicant, which is why it got me to the interview. I was pretty nervous during the interview, but I felt that I answered everything to the best of my ability. My only regret was maybe not saying more than just answering their questions. I called one of the professors who was present during my interview and I was able to get some feedback. I am making the small but necessary adjustments  to hopefully get accepted to NSU  this cycle. Although NSU will be my top choice, I do plan to apply to other schools in this cycle. I rather get accepted to “a”school and start my PA journey than not at all.  I was very discouraged and frustrated when I was rejected, but I know in my heart that I want to be a PA, that I have what it takes to be a PA, and that I am going to be a great PA.  So here I am, my second time around with new hope, and giving it all I have. To all first-time applicants, I wish you good luck, and my advice is to  apply as early as possible (to several schools), practice mock interviews, and do not hold anything back during the interviews. To returning applicants, I know getting over rejection is extremely difficult, but we only fail when we give up. So think of your “why” and do not give up. Good luck!  

Hi! Thank you for the advice! Good luck to you as well. 🙂

On 5/2/2020 at 12:17 AM, julied410 said:

Thanks in advance!

Hey! I emailed Judy Dickman asking if AP credit in Calculus counts towards the program's requirement and she said it does as long as it is on your official transcript. 

Hey, I am not applying to this cycle but I intend to apply to the next cycle and have a question regarding the prerequisites. Due to the ongoing pandemic, I am unable to obtain shadowing & PCE hours, but I am aiming to do so as the conditions wear down. Therefore, I hope to accumulate most of my hours the rest of this summer, the upcoming Fall semester, and toward the end of the Winter semester. However, I will also be taking Organic Chemistry 2 and Anatomy & Physiology 2 this Fall, and Physics and either Genetics/Biochemistry (I need to take Physics during the Winter as I finish a semester early during my senior year and cannot afford to pay tuition for one class during a single semester next year). I am able to cram in Genetics (not biochemistry because organic chemistry 2 is a prerequisite) this upcoming Fall, but I am unsure if I should do so as I would want to obtain as many PCE hours as I possibly could before applying. Also, I could possibly add on both Genetics & Biochemistry my Winter semester, but I believe I would be busy with both obtaining PCE hours & submitting my applications.

I have viewed other posts regarding previous application cycles and have seen that some people were told to email their final grades if they were taking the course during the start of their senior year, essentially delaying their interview invite. Nevertheless, which approach would you guys suggest as I don't want one prerequisite decreasing my chances of obtaining an interview and, ultimately, acceptance? Thanks.

Also, thank you for helping everyone out @JD2012.

Edited by na792

My application was verified yesterday. Does anyone know when they start sending out invites? I graduated from Nova last year and would loveeeee to be able to go there. Good luck to everyone this cycle!

Edited by Tann94

Supplementals will go out around the same time to all applicants, usually beginning of June. Then, those who get interviews will get an email and link usually around August with an online calendar system for dates and times that you reserve and will be first come first served, so when that email comes go onto the online system ASAP so you can get an early interview date. Time/Date slots will go fast that literally a couple hours after that email goes out the earliest interview will be in January,  SO ACT FAST!

There are a few people that may get early interview invites before August, but for most everyone else with an invite will be notified usually sometime in August. But the online reservation system opens at the same time for all regardless of when they got an interview invite. 

Edited by JD2012
  • Like 4
On 5/24/2020 at 1:22 PM, MFVC8 said:

Good luck everyone ! Just submitted application and I am waiting verification.😁 do you guys think people with low GPAs have a better chance to interview if the application is sent early ? 

You need to do whatever you can that might give you a leg up. 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, alwayssearching2012 said:

Received the supplemental application link today from the Ft. Lauderdale campus! I know this thread is specifically for that campus but I also received an email from the Jax campus saying their supplemental would be emailed out Friday, June 5th.

I received supp as well

17 hours ago, tameimpala said:

Hey guys, for the supp app are you going in depth for the following questions? All of this stuff is listed in my CASPA application, it is going to be so tedious to have to transfer allllll of that information.image.thumb.png.6cb678edea92a86fd2a15cffb9c4d605.png

Very tedious.

I transferred where it seemed appropriate and added new info to any question that wasn't addressed on CASPA.

It was extremely tedious, but yeah, I did it. It doesn't help that the questions are not all the same for each supplemental, too. I agree with the above comment, I made a Google Doc with all my answers and I will be saving it for next cycle if necessary.

Anywho, I got a call yesterday telling me my application has been forwarded and is officially under review!