UNT 2020-2021 application cycle

I received an invite for the October 3rd group today! I'm super excited because this is one of my top choices. I'm a Texas resident

CASPA Submitted: 5/21/2020

CASPA Verified: 5/26/2020

cGPA: 3.68

sGPA: 3.69

GRE: 310; 5.0

PCE: emailed last night to update to 2400

HCE: 400+ hours

Shadowing: 118 hours

Teaching Experience: 473 hours

LOR: 1 MD, 1 supervisor and PA, 1 dean of my college, 1 clinical supervisor

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/22/2020 at 11:16 AM, kfishbeck said:

Just got an interview invite this morning for October 3rd. Anyone have advice? I'm kinda surprised that I got the invite the week before since I'm seeing so many people that got the invite for this date a bit earlier!

Just google MMI prep, that's what I did! As long as you are comfortable with the format and stay calm the questions are not difficult. I looked up a lot of YouTube videos on MMI interviews and I felt pretty prepared. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Nervousbutexcited said:

Thanks! I saw that but was still pretty confused, and was just hoping someone knew the overall price for all 30 months. 

I would have checked better but the prices started to depress me for all the schools hahaha. Especially as an out-of-state resident. Time for loanssssss 

1 hour ago, kfishbeck said:

Would anyone be able to answer some questions about the program. I interview on Saturday and I've had a hard time finding some details. Cadaver lab? Quality of facilities? Any volunteer programs for the students that help the local underserved populations? TIA

I interviewed Sept 19. Yes they have a cadaver lab, already dissected. I really loved the facilities. The students did a virtual tour with us which was nice because we saw everything from their perspective. Not a lot of local volunteer programs but there are interest groups

Edited by hayleyjkess
  • Like 1

Does anyone know if the rolling basis interviews go off of when your CASPA application was verified OR the date when your application was considered "under review". Still haven't received an invite and just wondering whether I should continue clinging to some hope!

CASPA verified: June 20th

Under review: June 25th

Does anyone know if the rolling basis interviews go off of when your CASPA application was verified OR the date when your application was considered "under review". Still haven't received an invite and just wondering whether I should continue clinging to some hope!
CASPA verified: June 20th
Under review: June 25th

They say it is “rolling”, but last year I submitted in early June and didn’t get an interview invite until November. Other people who submitted at the same time as me were getting interviews months before I did. Don’t lose hope. They might surprise you! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CrystalGemPA said:

Got a rejection email from UNTHSC this morning. Kinda stinks because I really thought I was a good fit, but I have another interview next week so hopefully I can rock it. This was my top pick though. Oh well.

Good luck to everyone else interviewing and still in the running!

Same 😕

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CrystalGemPA said:

Got a rejection email from UNTHSC this morning. Kinda stinks because I really thought I was a good fit, but I have another interview next week so hopefully I can rock it. This was my top pick though. Oh well.

Good luck to everyone else interviewing and still in the running!

Sorry to hear that 😢 BUT yay for the fact you have another interview to look forward to. It only takes one. Did you feel like the interview in general went well here and was it blinded or not? It’s a pretty lengthy day from the itinerary I received.