sgpa 4.0

pce 16,000 +

shadowing 170 hrs md/pa OR/clinic/hospital

100 hours volunteering at food bank 

160 hours of leadership training students

my downfall is I applied late July. I hope there’s seats available 

• Like 1

Hello all,

Is there anyone that received an "under review application" email around June 25th that has has received an interview request? I know that some people that had everything completed around June 18th have received interview invites. Anybody later than that?

Edited by minka

Also received an interview invite for Oct 3rd on 8/2/20. 

Submitted early June/Verified early June. GPA is low but I have tons of PCE/HCE/Volunteer/leadership. Surprised I got an invite, honestly! If anyone has any tips/tricks/previous interview experience with UNT please feel free to share or message me!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, MikeT said:

For the September 19th interviews, did anyone get the email yet about the itinerary for the day? The interview invitation i got back in July said that they would send us an email 2 weeks out about the lay out of how to do it all. I didn't get that email yet.

I haven’t received an email about that yet either 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Got the agenda today for this Saturday interview. Looks like a packed day. Anyone else who was invited have any idea what the "writing sample" means on the agenda schedule? 
I have had interviews in the past where they have a writing assignment. Basically they gave everyone a writing prompt on a topic related to the profession and allowed 30 minutes to write a response in a Word document. We submitted it as a message to the faculty through Zoom's chat feature.

I can't be certain that UNT will be exactly the same, but I suspect it would be comparable at least.

I got the agenda today too and now I'm nervous because the format is much different from last year. For reference, last year's writing sample we did a personality survey then answered a few open ended questions in an allotted time frame. I assume since its over zoom this year we will probably just type answers to open ended questions. 

2 hours ago, JayLyo said:

I have had interviews in the past where they have a writing assignment. Basically they gave everyone a writing prompt on a topic related to the profession and allowed 30 minutes to write a response in a Word document. We submitted it as a message to the faculty through Zoom's chat feature.

I can't be certain that UNT will be exactly the same, but I suspect it would be comparable at least.

46 minutes ago, PA233 said:

I got the agenda today too and now I'm nervous because the format is much different from last year. For reference, last year's writing sample we did a personality survey then answered a few open ended questions in an allotted time frame. I assume since its over zoom this year we will probably just type answers to open ended questions. 

Very interesting. I have no idea what to expect. The "Time allotted" for that part though is only 15 minutes long. The MMI's follow. 

9 hours ago, MikeT said:

Got the agenda today for this Saturday interview. Looks like a packed day. Anyone else who was invited have any idea what the "writing sample" means on the agenda schedule? 

I got the agenda today too. I think (totally my opinion) it will something related to current events, wouldn't be surprised if it was about COVID-19 or if any of the situational rooms were related.  I'm glad we have a 2.5 hour break after the writing sample, before the MMI interview session. I'm in Hawaii so it will be 3:00am when I join Zoom 😅

8 hours ago, kame808 said:

I got the agenda today too. I think (totally my opinion) it will something related to current events, wouldn't be surprised if it was about COVID-19 or if any of the situational rooms were related.  I'm glad we have a 2.5 hour break after the writing sample, before the MMI interview session. I'm in Hawaii so it will be 3:00am when I join Zoom 😅

0300! That reminds me of my ER days as a scribe! I bet your happy its over zoom due to the whole quarantine stuff with Hawaii. Low key i'm kinda nervous. I am phenomenal at traditional, in person interviews but hate this CASPER/MMI stuff.