UNT 2020-2021 application cycle

10 hours ago, minka said:

Nope. Still waiting. Has anybody been calling UNT that is on the wait list? If somebody did, did you just call admissions people?

I called yesterday and just asked if they could confirm my spot on waitlist. I also asked how active the waitlist was and the lady said they had been utilizing it. She couldn't tell me how many people were on the waitlist. She said they could contact you up to the day of orientation. Didn't really provide any new information.

I called a couple weeks ago and received a similar response. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 1:03 PM, PAwithasmile said:

when you called did they sound hopeful? such as giving reassurance or pretty much start looking at other options?

I would say neither. She was neutral and just answered questions matter of fact. She is an admissions person that works in the office, I don't think she has any say on who is accepted or not.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PrePALife0987 said:

Do you guys have another program to enroll into in case UNT doesn't get back to you? 

No, I live and work in fort worth and wanted to complete a program here. I only applied to UNTHSC. First time applying. Not sure if I will be applying again.

Edited by minka
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2020 at 9:43 AM, raabzilla said:

Interviewed 9/19 - this was my third interview this cycle so far and I've gotta say UNT was the most organized over Zoom. They had everything meticulously planned and it went very smoothly. The MMI questions were not too difficult. My only issue is that we had a massive 3-4 hour break between the tour/panel/faculty Qs and the MMI. Make sure you have the whole day available. 

Did you have any advice for preparing for the MMI portion? I have an interview with them this cycle and don't know where to begin for preparation! 

• 1 month later...

Did anyone that applied in late June/early July only today receive an email stating their application was complete and under review? My application was verified June 30th and I paid the supplemental fee July 9th. I'm not sure why I just received this, and am discouraged because now reading this thread it seems that chairs are full and there is already a waitlist...

2 minutes ago, MaddyR956 said:

Did anyone that applied in late June/early July only today receive an email stating their application was complete and under review? My application was verified June 30th and I paid the supplemental fee July 9th. I'm not sure why I just received this, and am discouraged because now reading this thread it seems that chairs are full and there is already a waitlist...

So I went through interviews with them last year, they make a waitlist before their seats are full. So don’t be discouraged by that. But yeah I got the same email and it’s really weird, applied in may and paid my supplemental in June I think, whenever they got all their technical stuff worked out. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...