UNT 2020-2021 application cycle

On 11/27/2020 at 3:14 PM, marykay said:

It was a well put together interview. Faculty panel, student panel and MMI session. I personally prefer MMI interviews since I feel like I can show off my personality more. 

Thank you and good luck in PA school!

Edited by Anoop

Hi guys, i had a question regarding the email HSC just sent out about the wait list. Are we to respond if we want to remain on the list? Email is worded in a way that seems they only want you to respond if  you DO NOT want to remain on the wait list.

"I am contacting you to confirm your desire to remain on the wait list at HSC. If you are no longer interested in remaining on our wait list, please respond to this email so that we may close your application file and wish you well in your future educational endeavors!"

I looked at last year's forum (June post I believe) and somebody had mentioned that they weren't responding and that they realized they should have been. I attached the screenshot.

Personally, I decided to go ahead and respond with "I would like to confirm my desire to remain on wait list ...".

Screenshot_20201210-113713_Firefox.jpg

On 12/9/2020 at 11:32 AM, minka said:

Hi guys, i had a question regarding the email HSC just sent out about the wait list. Are we to respond if we want to remain on the list? Email is worded in a way that seems they only want you to respond if  you DO NOT want to remain on the wait list.

"I am contacting you to confirm your desire to remain on the wait list at HSC. If you are no longer interested in remaining on our wait list, please respond to this email so that we may close your application file and wish you well in your future educational endeavors!"

Just my two cents because I received the same email. I would imagine the amount of people who would not like to remain on the waitlist is pretty low. I would think admissions would receive a large influx of emails from those who want to remain on the waitlist, and a small portion of emails from those who do not want to remain on the waitlist. 

25 minutes ago, minka said:

I looked at last year's forum (June post I believe) and somebody had mentioned that they weren't responding and that they realized they should have been. I attached the screenshot.

Personally, I decided to go ahead and respond with "I would like to confirm my desire to remain on wait list ...".

Screenshot_20201210-113713_Firefox.jpg

From the image above that was pretty late in last years cycle, and at that point they had a smaller waitlist (because of acceptances of students to other programs) so the amount of responses would be quite a lot less. This is all however just speculation on my part.

Please keep us posted on their response!

On 12/9/2020 at 11:32 AM, minka said:

Honestly I would just go ahead an email them to ask for clarification if you are not entirely sure. It really doesn't hurt to just be safe and sure about things. 

On 7/22/2020 at 8:56 PM, ggtheoriginal said:

Hello guys! I received an invite for September 19th as well. I can't wait to meet you all! 

Just for reference --

Submitted 5/28

Verified 5/30

Email received from UNT on 6/5 stating my processing fee and CASPer results were received & my application is under review.

My stats are not the best, so I wanted to list them out for those who may be discouraged by their own:

CASPA cGPA: 3.13

Post-Bacc GPA: 4.0

(I did not make a C in any of UNT's required pre-requisite courses. They are very candid about this on their website.)

HCE: 2,000

PCE: 3,800

Volunteering: 300

Hi, I am emailing because it looks like we have similar stats. Curious to know if you received an offer? Thank you! 

• Like 1