NHSC Scholarship 2020

11 hours ago, MZHolden said:

That's odd. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the last paragraph of this part of the site. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 6.42.26 PM.png

I really think the last paragraph is just saying that those sites that do not qualify for the year's HPSA score can still post jobs on the Health Workforce Connector, but NHSC scholars won't be able to work for them during their service years.

Fingers crossed this week will be the week!

Here is what I have: (I have seen on SDN something about rounds of countersignatures, but I did not put in the time to look into that. I should.)

2020 2019 2018
    15-Jul 17-Jul
Credit Check 10-Aug   3-Aug
Finalist Notification      
1st Round  19-Aug 6-Aug 8-Aug
2nd Round  25-Aug 12-Aug 13-Aug
3rd Round  3-Sep 20-Aug 16-Aug
**4th Round 9-Sep    
Countersignatures   9-Sep 14-Sep

** A finalist withdrew acceptance and someone else was awarded finalist status
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Klillie said:

Does anybody know how we get notified about a countersignature? Do they email or call or do we just see it on our contract?

From what I've read, we don't get a notification of the countersignature when it is posted- which is why I have downloaded my contract like 68 times already 😅

After countersignatures, like- a week after or so, we will get emails saying our application status has changed. 
I'm watching the SDN as well as this forum for someone to say they got a counter- I am sure we will see it posted and know when to check.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Klillie said:

A PA friend not on the forum got a signature today! She was a 3rd round finalist. I have no idea how they do countersignatures, but I think 3rd round finalists get signatures earlier? Or at least that's how I think it was in previous years. I was a first round finalist. 

I feel like the deeper I get into this process the less makes sense in terms of timing haha

1 minute ago, Klillie said:

Yeah for real. I have no idea if it's by finalist, name, discipline, or just randomly. It's going to be a long wait until Monday! I have a feeling they're done for the day 😞 

I did see they signed stuff around 3 yesterday. But you are probably right.. Definitely gonna make studying harder this wekend

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jreid said:

I am stressed about not getting a counter yesterday. I know that there is usually a 3rd round, but oh man! Waiting through the weekend stinks.

Who else is waiting? The vast majority of finalists get the scholarship, but I know there is always that possibility. 

I'm in the waiting game this weekend also. It's weird how it works because I was in the 1st round of offers to go out, but maybe the last to get a countersignature...hopefully. I don't know, but the stress is insane. I wish you the best.

• Like 1

I was a first round finalist and still waiting on a counter signature. Last name S. When others download their contract do they see their own physical signatures or does it just say "Signature: Electronically signed by NAME" on the last page? It worried me that I couldn't see my actual electronic signature. How does it change when it is countersigned? Thank you! Good luck yall!

4 hours ago, maggisulli said:

I was a first round finalist and still waiting on a counter signature. Last name S. When others download their contract do they see their own physical signatures or does it just say "Signature: Electronically signed by NAME" on the last page? It worried me that I couldn't see my actual electronic signature. How does it change when it is countersigned? Thank you! Good luck yall!

Mine just says "electronically signed by" and the way it changes when you have it countersigned is that it shows that it was electronically signed by Jamie king right below your own electronic signature section! The portal status hasn't updated for me yet but I have heard most people don't get an update until a week or so after the countersignature!