NHSC Scholarship 2020

3 hours ago, CAtoNY said:

For those of you who got credit checked earlier this week, does it say who checked it? Like US Department of Education or US Department of Health and Human Services? 

The credit check will show up as "CREDCO", which is the third-party agency performing the credit check.  If you see US Department of Education, that is more likely to be a credit check related to federal student loans.

In case anyone is curious: I receive free identity theft monitoring through a service called MyIDCare, offered to those of us whose info was compromised in one of those big data breaches that appeared in the news a few years back.  MyIDCare provides this additional information regarding CREDCO that isn't available on Credit Karma:

Address: 10277 SCRIPPS RANCH BOULEVARD, SAN DIEGO, CA 92131

Phone: (800) 637-2422

Searching the phone number in Google will lead you to the agency's website.  Hope that clears up some of the mystery surrounding these credit checks for you guys 😉 

Good luck!

I have been looking at the student doctor network forum and their are multiple different people that now have a "roles" tab at the top of their account after the maintenance that was done Friday. Apparently, last year some of the people who had these ended up getting the award? Does anyone know if this is accurate or not? I am feeling pretty discouraged because I do not have a "roles" tab.

I just received my credit score check on the 10th of this month from credco, do they check everyone?

From what i garnered from last years candidates is that not everyone gets their credit checked. If you do, then you are potentially a finalist. Which they should send out emails in a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Reubster said:

So does this mean we’re officially out?

They normally do a second round of finalist emails after the deadline for those who got the first round of finalist emails. The deadline for the first round finalists is Monday, August 24th. So if we do have a second round of finalist emails, it should be around then. I just am not even sure if they are doing a second round this year since they did not even do a second round of credit checks like they normally do.

7 hours ago, Jminugh said:

They normally do a second round of finalist emails after the deadline for those who got the first round of finalist emails. The deadline for the first round finalists is Monday, August 24th. So if we do have a second round of finalist emails, it should be around then. I just am not even sure if they are doing a second round this year since they did not even do a second round of credit checks like they normally do.

Are you saying that those who haven’t received an email yet could receive one between now and the 24th if they’re finalists?