NHSC Scholarship 2020

On 6/13/2020 at 8:44 PM, whaaat said:

If anyone sees their "credit check", can you please post here so we know to also look for ours? I know the PA #s are low but hopefully at least one...or many more(!) get it this year! GLTA!

Do you know what company the program uses to check your credit? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Last year I had my credit checked July 15th but didn't make it through to being a finalist (applied before I started my program so I wasn't too hopeful). To someones comment above I knew via creditkarma and they only checked my equifax, not transunion.

Figured I'd look on this years forum to see if anyone has had theirs checked yet. If I remember correctly the first round of credit checks last year were in June but with COVID-19 and the application extension this year I'm not sure if credit checks will also be different.

Fingers crossed for y'all! Will check back in if I hear any news. Feel free to do the same 😆

On 7/14/2020 at 2:09 PM, han2018 said:

" To someones comment above I knew via creditkarma and they only checked my equifax, not transunion."

Hi! Can you tell me more about this- did you just download the creditkarma app or did you actually go through a process to check your credit and saw that they'd checked your equifax?

I am just wondering if the app will give you a notification that someone has checked your credit, or if you have to check it yourself to see. 

9 hours ago, futurePA56 said:

Has anyone heard anything? 

I have not. Been watching the Student Doctor Network forum as well. Med and Dental students are also waiting to hear anything. Hopefully news soon, but I’m sure the extension of the application deadline may delay things a bit in comparison to previous years. Best wishes. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jminugh said:

Has anyone heard any news yet with credit checks? I emailed them and someone responding saying most of who are selected will hear back by September and some October at the latest. 

Nope.  I'm assuming the deadline extension and COVID in general has delayed everything this year.

I also had a credit check from Credco! My email from credit karma was about a housing loan, but I thought that was fishy and dug further. Turns out it was this! Also, the credit check showed up on Equifax.

From what I know there are 2 credit checks- but it is the only way to know if you are in the running.

Congrats all! (FYI- there is NO way to know if they are all on the same day or if some are later. Don't lose hope!)

Edited by jreid

My credit was checked too! Right after a wild morning OSCE experience it was definitely the good news I needed to push me through the rest of summer finals.

I heard off another site last year that it's a good sign you're being considered for a finalist. Other applicants on that same forum never got checked.

Good luck everyone!