2020/2021 Application Cycle

On 8/30/2020 at 5:51 PM, excitedapplicant20 said:

I applied to South 6/15 and was verified on 6/19. I haven't heard anything since I received my "application complete" email (also on 6/19). Should I assume that I won't be getting an interview?

I applied/was verified about a week and a half after you and I also haven't heard anything. I'm kind of assuming that I won't be getting an interview, or at least I'm not holding out hope. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an interview invitation for 10/06-10/07 stating that: 

"The class is very near being filled to capacity, however, not every applicant that is selected and accepts a seat completes the enrollment process. This results in our reliance on an equally qualified wait-list pool of applicants. Statistically speaking, if your interview is deemed successful, you are likely to be placed on the wait list."

On 8/20/2020 at 12:29 PM, kerimonteleone said:

Do you think if I didn’t receive that email, I basically got rejected from the program? 

I have also heard nothing and am wondering the same thing about this program and others...trying to stay positive but man it is hard waiting and why do they spread their interviews and acceptances out so far....?

On 9/17/2020 at 4:31 PM, byf8thpber said:

"The class is very near being filled to capacity, however, not every applicant that is selected and accepts a seat completes the enrollment process. This results in our reliance on an equally qualified wait-list pool of applicants. Statistically speaking, if your interview is deemed successful, you are likely to be placed on the wait list."

I’m also interviewing those days! 

On 9/17/2020 at 4:31 PM, byf8thpber said:

When did you apply? 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this e-mail today... bummer 

“We anticipate filling our upcoming cohort as of this time with a competitive wait-list selected as well. The program receives over 1,200 qualified applications each admissions cycle and seat 70 each cohort.

We will maintain your record in an active status until the class begins. In the event additional seats become available prior to the beginning of the January 2021 start date, you may be selected for an interview.”

16 hours ago, Gowmar said:

I received an interview invite today! Very shocked lol. Now does anyone know of someone who got accepted this late in the cycle to South-Savannah before? This was my top school before my application got delayed until the end of July (and I knew I was veryyy late to the game) so now I want to remain hopeful but realistic too 🙂 

Have hope! I know one or two people already who got a call from the interview this week and they are accepting multiple students already off the waitlist! 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 8:12 PM, Gowmar said:

I received an interview invite today! Very shocked lol. Now does anyone know of someone who got accepted this late in the cycle to South-Savannah before? This was my top school before my application got delayed until the end of July (and I knew I was veryyy late to the game) so now I want to remain hopeful but realistic too 🙂 

When did you submit your application and receive the email stating your application was complete and ready for review if you don’t mind me asking? 

On 10/9/2020 at 11:58 PM, Gowmar said:

Submitted end of June but extensive delay with LOR that was not submitted until 7/23 I believe. I actually never received an application complete email. I received an email directly after submitting saying I was missing a LOR (which I knew about) but that was the only communication until an email saying my application was still active and then an email with an interview invite. 

How was your interview??