2020/2021 Application Cycle

On 7/16/2020 at 10:15 PM, kneuendorff said:

Hi All, would you guys think it is too late to apply to this school, I know there have been a lot of interviews sent out but it is also before their deadline!

Hi! I'm a first year student at South! I added South onto my app around this time last year & got accepted! You never know until you try! 🙂 Best of luck to you! 

• Like 1

Hi Everyone! My application was verified by South on 6/25. Sadly, I received an email yesterday stating that they would be unable to extend an interview to me this cycle. I am really disappointed since South is my first choice,  but there's always next cycle! Does anyone have insight on what factors South heavily focuses on? I thought my stats were pretty good based on their preferences, so I am trying to understand what is missing. Best of luck to everyone and congratulations to those who were accepted!!

3 hours ago, JayLyo said:

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted! 

I got an email last week for an interview on July 28th & 29th. It's my first interview, so I'm definitely nervous. Is anyone else on here interviewing on these dates? 

When did you submit your application?

Congrats to everyone who got acceptances and interview invites! Wishing you all the best! 😄 

I’m just curious has anyone who submitted earlier in the cycle heard back from them? I submitted May 30 and haven’t received a rejection letter or heard from them at all other than that my CASPA app was verified. 

Edited by ptokki

13 hours ago, mave6 said:

When did you submit your application?

11 hours ago, ptokki said:

Congrats to everyone who got acceptances and interview invites! Wishing you all the best! 😄 

I’m just curious has anyone who submitted earlier in the cycle heard back from them? I submitted May 30 and haven’t received a rejection letter or heard from them at all other than that my CASPA app was verified. 

I submitted May 27th, verified on May 28th. I did not receive any correspondence until the interview invite.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, GNF9918 said:

I have accepted my seat to South Savannah! So excited! Does anyone know if there is a FB group for admitted students?

Hey! I am about to accept my seat for South too. I think they said that the FB group will come a little bit later when the class is full.

On 7/16/2020 at 10:15 PM, kneuendorff said:

Hi All, would you guys think it is too late to apply to this school, I know there have been a lot of interviews sent out but it is also before their deadline!

I don't think so.... I had to wait until my biochemistry grade was on my transcript for another school, so I won't be able to apply until this week. Deadline is this upcoming Saturday. I've heard of candidates applying places on the last day and still being accepted, if they qualify. 

• Like 2

On 7/19/2020 at 10:36 AM, ptokki said:

Same here. I applied June 1st and got the confirmation email on June 4th. Nothing else since then. No news is good news!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Elliott2019 said:

I don't think so.... I had to wait until my biochemistry grade was on my transcript for another school, so I won't be able to apply until this week. Deadline is this upcoming Saturday. I've heard of candidates applying places on the last day and still being accepted, if they qualify. 

Thanks! I ended up applying:) best of luck to you!

Hey guys, I just sent in my CASPA application--was waiting on evaluations. Do you know if the verification process takes long? And does the app have to be CASPA verified before they send it off to South--because that may push it past the deadline, right? 

I'm also assuming that I won't see my cGPA and sGPA until it's verified, is that also correct?

Sorry for all of the questions, I'm really nervous and this is my first time applying.

Thanks y'all. 

On 8/1/2020 at 3:20 PM, Gowmar said:

The verification process seems to vary. I submitted sometime in June and for me it took a little over a week. I know other people who submitted around the same time who were verified in a matter of hours though. I don't think it's very predictable unfortunately. It sounds like they say to expect up to 2 weeks for verification.

For South-Savannah, I'm pretty certain your application just needs to be submitted and complete by 8/1 to be considered. 

After the application is verified, you can download your applications and it has a whole page of different GPAs listed. You won't see your cGPA or sGPA until then.

Hope that helps!

Ok! Thank you so much. I've been checking out the CASPA status every few hours to check for verification! Ha

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gowmar said:

I got an Application Received email after submitting. I was pending a reference, however, and once my application was technically complete I did not receive any additional emails after notifying them.

Does that include the supplemental? I'm a little nervous on the deadline, so I officially CASPA applied 8/1, but it wasn't verified until today, so...did I technically miss the deadline? 

Does anybody have a timeline they can share--like submit vs. verification vs. when you heard from South? 

Edited by Elliott2019
added question

Guest wildalaska
7 minutes ago, Elliott2019 said:

Does that include the supplemental? I'm a little nervous on the deadline, so I officially CASPA applied 8/1, but it wasn't verified until today, so...did I technically miss the deadline? 

Does anybody have a timeline they can share--like submit vs. verification vs. when you heard from South? 

South does not have a supplemental application!

I applied to South with an already-verified CASPA on May 14th, I got an "Application Received" email on May 18th, and then it was radio silence until an interview invite on June 11th.

Also, South requires you to have submitted your CASPA by 8/1, but it does not need to be verified by 8/1, so you should be good to go.

Edited by wildalaska

14 minutes ago, wildalaska said:

South does not have a supplemental application!

I applied to South with an already-verified CASPA on May 14th, I got an "Application Received" email on May 18th, and then it was radio silence until an interview invite on June 11th.

Also, South requires you to have submitted your CASPA by 8/1, but it does not need to be verified by 8/1, so you should be good to go.

Sweet! Thank you so much!!That's a relief