2020/2021 Application Cycle

39 minutes ago, Shaiada94 said:

Hello everyone! For those of you that already had the interview, can you please explain what to expect? How was the interview process?

Hey! So it was a very relaxed environment and they really want to get to know you as a person. Everyone was very nice and it was more of a conversation than an interview. For the process, it depends on your schedule, we had a meet and greet with the faculty at 8:00am, then you either went on to one-on-one interviews or to the panal, but everyone is different. They also had a student chat so you could hop in and ask questions anytime! Hope this helps!! Feel free to reach out with more questions, I am always happy to help! 

Guest wildalaska
54 minutes ago, Shaiada94 said:

Hello everyone! For those of you that already had the interview, can you please explain what to expect? How was the interview process?

It was very relaxed! One thing that especially stood out to me during the interview was brought up by both faculty and the student ambassadors the day before when they said the interview was more about South demonstrating "This is why you should pick South" and much less about "Why should South pick you?" I really felt welcome and had fun during the interview!

20 minutes ago, Lilithxp said:

ACCEPTED AS WELL!!!! I am in awe!!! 

31 minutes ago, wildalaska said:

ACCEPTED! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

OMGGGG congratulations you guys!!!!!! Been seeing the both of you around in a lot of the school forums I frequent and you both have been so helpful haha! I’m so happy for you guys!! Congratulations again! 

• Upvote 1

Guest wildalaska
34 minutes ago, kristinkingery1 said:

Congrats to you guys that were already accepted!! Hopefully I will get an invite to interview soon! My application was verified about the same day as interview invites were sent out the last time!! But thank you for the tips guys and congratulations!

Thank you!! It seems like most of us that interviewed today all received our invites the day after the previous round of interviews... so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

17 minutes ago, ptokki said:

OMGGGG congratulations you guys!!!!!! Been seeing the both of you around in a lot of the school forums I frequent and you both have been so helpful haha! I’m so happy for you guys!! Congratulations again! 

Thank you!! Such a relief and so exciting!!

23 hours ago, Lilithxp said:

Hey! So it was a very relaxed environment and they really want to get to know you as a person. Everyone was very nice and it was more of a conversation than an interview. For the process, it depends on your schedule, we had a meet and greet with the faculty at 8:00am, then you either went on to one-on-one interviews or to the panal, but everyone is different. They also had a student chat so you could hop in and ask questions anytime! Hope this helps!! Feel free to reach out with more questions, I am always happy to help! 

Hi! I just received an interview invite to South this morning. How long did the interview take on the second day? Was it an all day thing or just for a few hours? I want to know so I can coordinate with my work. Congrats on your acceptance by the way!

Guest wildalaska
2 minutes ago, chichiprepa said:

Hi! I just received an interview invite to South this morning. How long did the interview take on the second day? Was it an all day thing or just for a few hours? I want to know so I can coordinate with my work. Congrats on your acceptance by the way!

They send out individual interview schedules, and you might end up with gaps between your interviews, it all depends. I was fortunate and had my first individual and my panel interview back to back in the morning, then just a 30 minute break before my last individual interview. I was interviewing from about 6:30 am to 8:30 am MST.

1 minute ago, wildalaska said:

They send out individual interview schedules, and you might end up with gaps between your interviews, it all depends. I was fortunate and had my first individual and my panel interview back to back in the morning, then just a 30 minute break before my last individual interview. I was interviewing from about 6:30 am to 8:30 am MST.

Hmm okay I think I'm going to reach out to the program and see if they have any more info on what my schedule will look like. Thanks for the help!

4 hours ago, chichiprepa said:

When did you apply if you do not mind my asking?

5 hours ago, chichiprepa said:

Just like wildalaska said, it really depends on your schedule and we recieved our schedules maybe 4-5 days before the interview? (someone correct me if I am wrong) so I would take the day off from work just to be safe if possible. Mine was a little longer from 8am EST to 12:30pm EST because I had a 2 hour break between the intro and my first interview. Best of luck on your interview!!!

25 minutes ago, Diaa20 said:

Just got an interview invite!! So excited. Does anybody know if they have cadaver lab or not?

They do!! I think they mentioned something about going to Mercer school of medicine to share the cadaver lab there? But they do for sure have one for A & P courses. That was one of the questions I asked during the info. session!

12 hours ago, Diaa20 said:

Just got an interview invite!! So excited. Does anybody know if they have cadaver lab or not?

Hey, I am a current student in the program! We do use the Mercer School of Medicine cadaver lab for A&P. Since we do share with the med school, we do not have to spend time dissecting at all. The med students dissect the cadavers and they are then available for us to use. I personally prefer it to be this way because we don't have to spend all of that extra time trying to expose the structures we want to study. 🙂 

On 7/1/2020 at 12:16 PM, Lilithxp said:

Hey so can you tell me more about the panel interview? what was that like? Any advice is appreciated!

11 hours ago, Diaa20 said:

Hey so can you tell me more about the panel interview? what was that like? Any advice is appreciated!

Sure! It was you, 3 other candidates, the medical director and I can't remember the last person (admissions director maybe?). They just go down the line and you guys answer questions so everyone will get a chance to respond; kind of like group interview style. Since it is a lot of you, there will only be time for like 2-3 questions so don't stress this part too much. Hope this helps! 

On 4/22/2020 at 8:49 PM, elombard said:

Hello! And thank you for starting a thread! I just wanted to ask if you had any insight as to how much emphasis South places on the GRE. I scored a 297 and would consider it the weakest part of my app, so I'm worried that if I apply they won't really look at it. Thanks!

Just be able to rationalize why you did scored lower than you would like. Make sure your narrative is written perfectly.

-2017 Grad

On 7/1/2020 at 3:31 PM, wildalaska said:

ACCEPTED! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

congratulations to those of you that have been accepted to one of the South’s!! did you have to complete your background check, fingerprints, etc. before being accepted?

Edited by ceo1218

Guest wildalaska
32 minutes ago, ceo1218 said:

congratulations to those of you that have been accepted to one of the South’s!! did you have to complete your background check, fingerprints, etc. before being accepted?

South - Savannah interviewed and accepted me and I still haven't received further information on any of that. South - Tampa invited me to interview and sent all of that information to complete ASAP after sending the interview invite, but I declined my interview so I never started any of it. Sorry I'm not much help!