2020/2021 Application Cycle

Guest wildalaska
21 minutes ago, kristinkingery1 said:

Yay!! I know you were really looking forward to hearing from them!! 🙂 Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Thank you! Yeah, I'm really excited!

My stats are:

cGPA: 3.11

sGPA: 3.54

GRE: 314 (156 quantitative, 158 verbal, 4.5 writing)

PCE hours: 8,000+ as a U.S. Army medic, medical assistant, and endoscopy technician

Volunteer hours: ~50 volunteering with my city's Parks Department

Guest wildalaska
8 minutes ago, jennl89 said:

I received an acceptance call this morning from the June 8-9 interview!!! Anyone else ???

Congratulations!! 🙂

Hey guys!

How long did it take until you received notification that they received all your materials?

I submitted May 31 and received notification from South that my CASPA was received on June 4. Is there an additional email after this stating they have received all materials? 

I kind of want to call them to verify my status but I also know in their last email to me it said not to do that since they are so busy, haha.

thanks in advance guys! Good luck to everyone and a big congratulations to those who were accepted!! 🙂 

Guest wildalaska
On 6/12/2020 at 7:23 PM, ptokki said:

Hey guys!

How long did it take until you received notification that they received all your materials?

I submitted May 31 and received notification from South that my CASPA was received on June 4. Is there an additional email after this stating they have received all materials? 

I kind of want to call them to verify my status but I also know in their last email to me it said not to do that since they are so busy, haha.

thanks in advance guys! Good luck to everyone and a big congratulations to those who were accepted!! 🙂 

I submitted May 14th, then got an email from South on May 18th that they had received all my application materials, and then it was radio silence until June 11th when I got an email for a virtual interview. Hang in there!

20 hours ago, wildalaska said:

I submitted May 14th, then got an email from South on May 18th that they had received all my application materials, and then it was radio silence until June 11th when I got an email for a virtual interview. Hang in there!

Ahh thank so much wildalaska! I’ll just have to be more patient haha, guess they are just sorting through many applications at this point! 

On 6/12/2020 at 9:18 PM, danianderson said:

I got an acceptance this morning!

GRE: 307 (quant was only 37%; verbal 72%; 92% essay)

sGPA: 3.39

GPA: 3.78

PCE: ~1200

volunteer: <200

i think what pulled me through was my leadership experiences 

Same!! Do they have a facebook page for accepted students for this class yet?

Hey yall! I just remembered something from my interview that might be helpful since I know there have been a few questions about the GRE. I was told, in regards to the GRE, they have determined a correlation between a high Verbal score and being successful in their PA program, so they put a focus on the verbal scores and don't as much care about the others. I hope that helps! It explains why I had a 47 percentile Quant score and still got accepted on Friday! Woo!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/18/2020 at 11:00 AM, Gowmar said:

Kinda bummed/nervous because I am very interested in this program, but I likely cannot submit for another 2 weeks or so 😞 Has anyone heard of people getting interviews/acceptances to this program who applied late in the cycle?

Hey! I am a current student & I added this program after submitting all of my other apps. It ended up being about 2 weeks before the deadline and I got an interview the week following my verification. It is definitely possible!! 🙂 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lilithxp said:

Just received my interview invite for June 30th - July 1st, can't wait to meet everyone! Good luck! 

When did they send you an email? Was it recently? I am keeping my fingers crossed for an interview soon, but have pushed it to the back of my mind for a bit since I didn't know if they were offering any more seats for this particular interview cycle! 

• Like 1

Hey guys! Did anyone get an email confirming they received your application materials? I know I posted about this before but I submitted May 31st and I’m just so paranoid now. 😞 The only email I got from them was that my CASPA was verified, but nothing about receiving my application materials. Is this the only email you guys got too? Or did you get an additional email confirming application materials? I didn’t want to post the whole email because it’s too long so here is just a portion of it: 

Thank you for applying to South University Savannah, Master of Science in Physician Assistant Program.  We have received your verified application from the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA.)

It is very important to read each section completely to ensure appropriate processing of your application:

Section 1- CASPA Process:

CASPA considers an application complete and 'verifies' it with the following information:

• Only two of three required (by us) letters of reference submitted
  • Official transcripts from all schools attended

Section 2- South University, Savannah PA Program Incomplete Applications:

Receipt of a 'verified' application from CASPA does not mean it is 'complete' regarding the requirements of South University’s PA program. Please be aware that incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Below are some common areas that are often incomplete and overlooked by applicants:

and so on and so forth lol...

I probably just need to be more patient but my anxiety is getting the best of me. Thanks in advance you guys! 

2 minutes ago, ptokki said:

Hey guys! Did anyone get an email confirming they received your application materials? I know I posted about this before but I submitted May 31st and I’m just so paranoid now. 😞 The only email I got from them was that my CASPA was verified, but nothing about receiving my application materials. Is this the only email you guys got too? Or did you get an additional email confirming application materials? I didn’t want to post the whole email because it’s too long so here is just a portion of it: 

Thank you for applying to South University Savannah, Master of Science in Physician Assistant Program.  We have received your verified application from the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA.)

It is very important to read each section completely to ensure appropriate processing of your application:

Section 1- CASPA Process:

CASPA considers an application complete and 'verifies' it with the following information:

• Only two of three required (by us) letters of reference submitted
  • Official transcripts from all schools attended

Section 2- South University, Savannah PA Program Incomplete Applications:

Receipt of a 'verified' application from CASPA does not mean it is 'complete' regarding the requirements of South University’s PA program. Please be aware that incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Below are some common areas that are often incomplete and overlooked by applicants:

and so on and so forth lol...

I probably just need to be more patient but my anxiety is getting the best of me. Thanks in advance you guys! 

Yeah that’s the only email I got until I received an interview invite!