2020/2021 Application Cycle

Hey everybody, I just figured I would create a thread for this year's application cycle since CASPA is opening soon! I am a current student at South and I have loved everything about it so far. Good luck to all of you who are applying this year and feel free to reach out with any questions you may have! 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 4/21/2020 at 7:40 PM, arielnberry said:

Hey everybody, I just figured I would create a thread for this year's application cycle since CASPA is opening soon! I am a current student at South and I have loved everything about it so far. Good luck to all of you who are applying this year and feel free to reach out with any questions you may have! 🙂 

I will be applying this cycle and I was wondering if you have had any opportunities to work with underserved populations and if so, what were those opportunities? Thanks so much! 

On 4/22/2020 at 10:49 PM, elombard said:

Hello! And thank you for starting a thread! I just wanted to ask if you had any insight as to how much emphasis South places on the GRE. I scored a 297 and would consider it the weakest part of my app, so I'm worried that if I apply they won't really look at it. Thanks!

Omg! I took a practice GRE and only got a 300, so I've kept pushing it back until I'm done with this semester. Applying here and Nova in Jacksonville in June probably. 

• Like 1

Hello! And thank you for starting a thread! I just wanted to ask if you had any insight as to how much emphasis South places on the GRE. I scored a 297 and would consider it the weakest part of my app, so I'm worried that if I apply they won't really look at it. Thanks!

Hi I’m applying with a 298! I’m hoping to submit by the end of the month. I live in Georgia so I sent them an email asking about visiting the campus soon. Does anyone know if they have a recent information session somewhere online?

• Like 1

I don’t speak for admissions by any means. With that being said, there is no minimum GRE score required but they do prefer applicants with scores in the 50th percentile or above. South does a really amazing job at considering each applicant as a whole & not just focusing on stats! I hope that is at least a little helpful! Best of luck to you! 

On 4/30/2020 at 7:22 PM, Lilithxp said:

I will be applying this cycle and I was wondering if you have had any opportunities to work with underserved populations and if so, what were those opportunities? Thanks so much! 

I started in January, so I haven’t been in the program for too long. We’ve also been entirely virtual since mid March & we don’t really know when we are going back at this point. Soooo unfortunately, that means opportunities are kind of at a minimum for right now. That was basically a long answer for no I haven’t lol 

Hey guys, does anyone know how strict South is on BCP GPA? I know on their website, it states that applicants "Should" have atleast a 3.0. I'm asking because my sGPA is pretty low and my BCP is worse. I feel like my PCE and other stats should help contrast my lower GPA. Still...I'm hoping my lower BCP GPA won't disqualify my application immediately. 

Guest wildalaska

CASPA verified May 8th, South University application sent/verified May 14th, just got an email this morning letting me know they received everything! Now we wait!

34 minutes ago, jenna123456789 said:

Hi all, for those who have applied, were any of your GRE percentiles below their recommended 50th? I am above the 50% in two of the three sections. I know it is more of a recommendation versus a requirement but just wondering if it would be worth it to apply....

I have one section above 50%. I got three interviews last cycle with an average gpa and average GRE. Most schools only care if you get a 300 or above. 

4 hours ago, jenna123456789 said:

Hi all, for those who have applied, were any of your GRE percentiles below their recommended 50th? I am above the 50% in two of the three sections. I know it is more of a recommendation versus a requirement but just wondering if it would be worth it to apply....

My verbal percentile was 73 and writing 81, but my quant was 45, and I got an interview invite today! Submitted last Friday (5/15), verified Monday (5/18).

Edited by MS310PA

Guest wildalaska
38 minutes ago, MS310PA said:

My verbal percentile was 73 and writing 81, but my quant was 45, and I got an interview invite today! Submitted last Friday (5/15), verified Monday (5/18).

Congrats! I was verified On Thursday, 5/14... fingers crossed for an early interview invite as well!