Applying for jobs?

I will graduate PA school in December. When would be a good time to start applying for jobs? I have been looking online at hospitals and job postings and some do look appealing. Is it too early now? I am hoping to find a job that is back home where my family is located, so it won't be in the same city as where I attended school. I appreciate everyone's advice!

I will graduate PA school in December. When would be a good time to start applying for jobs? I have been looking online at hospitals and job postings and some do look appealing. Is it too early now? I am hoping to find a job that is back home where my family is located, so it won't be in the same city as where I attended school. I appreciate everyone's advice!

I started 2-3 months before graduation. I felt that amount of time was adequate. Some people started sooner though. It was often frustrating applying to job postings because most places wanted someone asap, not a student who was neither certified or licensed (and wouldnt be available for X amount of months). However theres always a chance you might stumble upon someone who is hiring for a position that starts several months away, or will have another opening around that time. Be prepared to attend interviews back home. Phone interviews are fine initially but they will want to meet you in person. Use connections... a large percentage of my classmates that got jobs prior to graduation got them using connections. Also -- Dont settle!! Good luck :-)

I started 2-3 months before graduation. I felt that amount of time was adequate. Some people started sooner though. It was often frustrating applying to job postings because most places wanted someone asap, not a student who was neither certified or licensed (and wouldnt be available for X amount of months). However theres always a chance you might stumble upon someone who is hiring for a position that starts several months away, or will have another opening around that time. Be prepared to attend interviews back home. Phone interviews are fine initially but they will want to meet you in person. Use connections... a large percentage of my classmates that got jobs prior to graduation got them using connections. Also -- Dont settle!! Good luck :-)

Archived