2020-2021 Application Cycle

15 minutes ago, jparra1 said:

Yes!! I have been checking my email like 15 times a day in addition to the 100 times I check my phone a day haha

LOL who are you telling I feel like I’m starting to hear things and I keep thinking my phone is ringing and it’s definitely not. I just want an answer at this point! Preferably a phone call! PS everyone you get a phone call if you get accepted you get an email if you don’t. I spoke to Admissions today and they said 2 to 3 weeks but they do let us know as soon as they can but based off of last weeks interview they’ve heard back within 2 days

I want a "two days after" phone call. Lol. I'm always checking my phone so you can imagine how bad it is today. But, I won't count myself out even if I don't get a call today. In my file review, she told me the committee meets TODAY to review this weeks applicants. I wish there was a spot for all of us..no lie!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, orthorocks said:

LOL who are you telling I feel like I’m starting to hear things and I keep thinking my phone is ringing and it’s definitely not. I just want an answer at this point! Preferably a phone call! PS everyone you get a phone call if you get accepted you get an email if you don’t. I spoke to Admissions today and they said 2 to 3 weeks but they do let us know as soon as they can but based off of last weeks interview they’ve heard back within 2 days

2 days?!? That would literally mean today for me

1 hour ago, DeyaD said:

I want a "two days after" phone call. Lol. I'm always checking my phone so you can imagine how bad it is today. But, I won't count myself out even if I don't get a call today. In my file review, she told me the committee meets TODAY to review this weeks applicants. I wish there was a spot for all of us..no lie!

LOL Who are you telling ha ha!! PS if anyone receives a phone call can you tell the rest of us so we know whether to get our hopes up or not!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For anyone who closely follows this and other threads comparing yourself to others and getting panicked when you don't get that phone call on the day/hour you were expecting: I get it. It's extremely hard to get a type A applicant to desensitize to the idea of having to trust the process and be willing to give up a locus of control; however, whenever you do learn to do so, you'll enjoy the process and appreciate your fellow applicants and their own victories much, much more. Do not panic, do not wish failure upon your peers, and do not despair or give up until you've gotten that final rejection -- even then, don't give up... PA programs love an applicant with some grit and a positive attitude.

I am not writing this because an act of providence has occurred and I am reeling from the high that is an acceptance to PA School -- on the contrary, I received a rejection and a waitlist today (no acceptances thus far, in fact) -- I just want everyone to know that they aren't alone in this process, what they are feeling is natural, and that it's all gonna work out in due time.

Edited by jparra1
  • Like 15
  • Upvote 1

I just received a formal letter of rejection from the program, post-interview. I wish all of my fellow applicants the best of luck on all of your future endeavors, whether that be at ATSU, another program, or even another career. Know that although I did not get accepted, I will still continue to monitor this thread, cheer everyone on, and pray for your continued success! Much Love.

• Like 8