Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone! 

I am in the class of 2022! 

Congrats to those who have been accepted and for those of you who have not been DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE!

I read several questions regarding the APOS list, we have heard that there is always a good amount of movement from that list! Yes the class is basically full at this point but I know several of my classmates were accepted off the APOS list! So still go into your interview with the right mind set!

Please do not hesitate to reach out for any reason at all! 

Also, if you guys decide to make a facebook page for just students (no faculty approval is needed for this - our class has a students only page) please send me the link 🙂 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who closely follows this and other threads comparing yourself to others and getting panicked when you don't get that phone call on the day/hour you were expecting: I get it. It's extremely

It went extremely smooth! They did a great job on explaining the interview process and faculty were a delight to talk with. It was clear that they wanted the applicants to succeed and not feel too str

OMG!  I just received my acceptance call!! Still can't believe it!!

1 hour ago, jsutt13 said:

Hi everyone! 

I am in the class of 2022! 

Congrats to those who have been accepted and for those of you who have not been DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE!

I read several questions regarding the APOS list, we have heard that there is always a good amount of movement from that list! Yes the class is basically full at this point but I know several of my classmates were accepted off the APOS list! So still go into your interview with the right mind set!

Please do not hesitate to reach out for any reason at all! 

Also, if you guys decide to make a facebook page for just students (no faculty approval is needed for this - our class has a students only page) please send me the link 🙂 

Hi, does ATSU have cadavers for students to dissect? Or do they use digital anatomy?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Candiceprepa said:

Hi, does ATSU have cadavers for students to dissect? Or do they use digital anatomy?

We do not have cadavers its all digital anatomy, over the summer you will get a general anatomy course and it is directed more at clinical relevance 🙂

While covering each system (i.e cardio, pulm, endo, ect) anatomy and physio is reviewed in detail with more detail!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jsutt13 said:

We do not have cadavers its all digital anatomy, over the summer you will get a general anatomy course and it is directed more at clinical relevance 🙂

While covering each system (i.e cardio, pulm, endo, ect) anatomy and physio is reviewed in detail with more detail!

Thank you!! Do you feel adequate going into the surgery rotation? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jsutt13 said:

Hi everyone! 

I am in the class of 2022! 

Congrats to those who have been accepted and for those of you who have not been DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE!

I read several questions regarding the APOS list, we have heard that there is always a good amount of movement from that list! Yes the class is basically full at this point but I know several of my classmates were accepted off the APOS list! So still go into your interview with the right mind set!

Please do not hesitate to reach out for any reason at all! 

Also, if you guys decide to make a facebook page for just students (no faculty approval is needed for this - our class has a students only page) please send me the link 🙂 

Thanks so much! I was wondering if your program is recording the online lectures? Are any lectures in person this year? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, katyrd said:

Thanks so much! I was wondering if your program is recording the online lectures? Are any lectures in person this year? 

We are required to be logged onto zoom for the entire lecture with cameras on. The lectures are recorded and uploaded to canvas shortly after the lecture end! 

We have been doing clinical skills and history and physical in person until recently (to allow for student to travel home for the holidays and quarantine after returning)

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

19 hours ago, jsutt13 said:

Hi everyone! 

I am in the class of 2022! 

Congrats to those who have been accepted and for those of you who have not been DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE!

I read several questions regarding the APOS list, we have heard that there is always a good amount of movement from that list! Yes the class is basically full at this point but I know several of my classmates were accepted off the APOS list! So still go into your interview with the right mind set!

Please do not hesitate to reach out for any reason at all! 

Also, if you guys decide to make a facebook page for just students (no faculty approval is needed for this - our class has a students only page) please send me the link 🙂 

What are included in the mandatory fees for the program?

For example, is it mandatory that you have to pay for the AAPA membership? What medical supplies are included in the fees (scrubs, stethoscope? suturing kit? etc.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Candiceprepa said:

 

What are included in the mandatory fees for the program?

For example, is it mandatory that you have to pay for the AAPA membership? What medical supplies are included in the fees (scrubs, stethoscope? suturing kit? etc.)

You are not required to join APAA unless you are elected to the student board! 

Scrubs are not included but we wear black scrubs that are embroidered (any brand is fine) here is a scrub shop that does most if not everyones scrubs for a reasonable price (I cant remember the specifics at this moment).

You are supplied with the basic equipment (stethoscopes, ophthalmoscope, otoscope, and blood pressure cuff included) I'm pretty sure we are supplied some suture kits for practice when we get there but don't quote me on that!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone! 

I haven't seen a Facebook group or anything of sorts created for the accepted students yet, so I decided to just pull the trigger and make a GroupMe for everyone to start getting to know each other and communicate easily until classes start. I look forward to meeting you all!

 https://groupme.com/join_group/64497952/OeNLEKwi

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Sloffee said:

I thought so too but who knows! Are there others on here on the APOS list who haven’t been accepted yet?

No idea, I'm still on the APOS list, and based off what admissions told us it wouldn't make sense that they jumped the APOS to the alternate but who knows

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2021 at 12:47 PM, PhantomOpera said:

congratulations!! would you be comfortable sharing when you interviewed and when you were placed on the APOS list?

Sorry for my late reply! Interviewed 12/7/20, notified of placement on APOS list on 12/9/20, and accepted 2/2/21. Hope that helps 🙂

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got the acceptance call from the APOS list yesterday afternoon! I interviewed in November. I am so so excited to start and to meet everyone! For those of you still waiting, keep your head up, your time could still come 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More