• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For anyone who closely follows this and other threads comparing yourself to others and getting panicked when you don't get that phone call on the day/hour you were expecting: I get it. It's extremely

It went extremely smooth! They did a great job on explaining the interview process and faculty were a delight to talk with. It was clear that they wanted the applicants to succeed and not feel too str

OMG!  I just received my acceptance call!! Still can't believe it!!

29 minutes ago, kelli144 said:

Just got my rejection from 10/26. Pretty surprised since I felt the interview went great and was told so many times while being interviewed. Good luck everyone else! 

I feel the same way. I don’t think anyone from our day has been accepted. I have a 4.0 GPA, plenty of PCE, service. You name it. Felt like the interview was fantastic. I think they simply don’t have many spots left. If any. 

2 hours ago, PAbee said:

Interviewed 10/26 and accepted! I am so excited and thankful for this opportunity! Best of luck to those of you who still have an interview and I'm looking forward to meeting my fellow classmates in July 🙂

Do you mind sharing your stats? First time applying?

7 hours ago, PRTNDDR said:

Do you mind sharing your stats? First time applying?

This is my first time applying but I don’t think that sharing my stats would be beneficial... they choose people for interviews based off of stats and then at the interview they are just looking for you to be genuine. There will always be someone with higher stats so I truly believe my passion showed through during my interview 🙂 

• Like 4
43 minutes ago, PAFOR said:

This is false to suggest you only need to be genuine at interviews to be accepted. Some people are not good at doing interviews than others regardless how genuine they are and also maybe the school is looking for a fit with its PA program.

I wouldn’t say that this is false, it’s true that being genuine is important! Of course there are others factors for consideration but let’s not try to put people down on here! Positive vibes ❤️

• Like 6
47 minutes ago, whatsPAppin said:

I wouldn’t say that this is false, it’s true that being genuine is important! Of course there are others factors for consideration but let’s not try to put people down on here! Positive vibes ❤️

Thank you for the positive vibes! ❤️ I was just sharing my personal experience, there are obviously multiple factors that go into consideration but in my personal situation I felt that being true to myself and answering honestly was what lead to my acceptance. Best of luck to all interviewing, you are all worthy of an acceptance and I hope that you find the right program for you😊 

On 10/29/2020 at 6:49 PM, Terilyn said:

I feel the same way. I don’t think anyone from our day has been accepted. I have a 4.0 GPA, plenty of PCE, service. You name it. Felt like the interview was fantastic. I think they simply don’t have many spots left. If any. 

Thank you for that! I also have quite a competitive application. I happen to agree with you there may not be many spots left. They might be looking to fill a couple of spots left and add to their waitlist. Good luck wherever else you apply to. 🤞🏻🙂 

On 10/30/2020 at 4:41 AM, PAbee said:

This is my first time applying but I don’t think that sharing my stats would be beneficial... they choose people for interviews based off of stats and then at the interview they are just looking for you to be genuine. There will always be someone with higher stats so I truly believe my passion showed through during my interview 🙂 

Agreed. Stats get you the interview. Interview gets you in. Period.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Candiceprepa said:

What are the chances of APOS?

I feel less encouraged to do the interview...

Always interview. Worst case scenario if you give it your all is you get great experience and exposure to the interview process. Be humble and true and everything will work out for you.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
20 minutes ago, Candiceprepa said:

I'm interviewing next week and I was initially discouraged from the email. But I think this would be a great learning opportunity and practice for any future interviews! Whatever happens, happens for the best 🙂 We got this!!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Candiceprepa said:

I think your mindset needs to change about this. The fact that you got an interview means you ARE what they’re looking for and you ARE capable of being a PA. I don’t know if you’ve been accepted to other programs or what your situation is, but interviewing for one of alternate lists is something that some applicants would give their all for. I’ve had friends who were placed on alternate lists and got accepted months later. As the interview season comes to an end, there will be a lot of people getting accepted to their #1 picks which will open up more seats. Try to get the idea of “I’m interviewing as an alternate” out of your head and instead think of it as you interviewing for a seat at an amazing program (which you are at the end of day).

Best of luck, you got this! 

• Like 6
On 11/3/2020 at 9:00 AM, Raltrich said:

Got my interview invite on the 29th, interview isn't until December. Any advice? Is it a MMI format? 

For the sake of improving your chances of getting a spot that may still be open, I would suggest asking to be notified about interviewing earlier if they get an interview date opening. Since they're a rolling admissions program, getting an acceptance will get harder the later your interview date is in the cycle. And yes, the interviews are MMI, but there are also Q&A, and a file review portion as well.