2020-2021 Application Cycle

3 hours ago, acorder5 said:

For each wave, do they send out invites to everyone all at once, or do they do it one by one over the course of a couple days? Im wondering if I can stay hopeful ill get one tomorrow. Or if i didn't get one at noon then ill have to wait a while for the next wave.

Last year it was over the span of a few days. Also no news is good news. If they have not told you thank you for applying, but you are denied then you are still being considered. Don't lose hope. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/19/2020 at 8:37 PM, DeyaD said:

Hi Ayalad,

I'm a reapplicant this year, as well. Can you tell me if you added anything to your app this year? Volunteering, shadowing, classes, etc.?

I'm also a reapplicant on the alternate list for last cycle and haven't heard anything back yet. 😕 I added more HCE, volunteer, and a class, but I kept my secondaries pretty similar to my previous. I'm wondering if that had an influence on anything..

On 6/25/2020 at 10:38 AM, LTPA17 said:

I'm also a reapplicant on the alternate list for last cycle and haven't heard anything back yet. 😕 I added more HCE, volunteer, and a class, but I kept my secondaries pretty similar to my previous. I'm wondering if that had an influence on anything..

It's difficult to say. I rewrote mine but kept the same reasons, and expanded things a bit more. I attended a Pre-PA webinar through PA platform and they suggested doing that because the people reviewing your secondary are probably the same ones as last year and if you leave them the same then it could be considered lazy not to 

Also they should change because you are not the same person you were last cycle. You are supposed to be working on personal development and other ways to improve yourself in preparation for PA school and not be stagnant so that in of itself would have an effect on your secondary applications because you have grown as a candidate. That's what I got from the webinar. It helped me because I got another interview. I submitted my secondary June 16th and got an invitation for an interview June 24th. 

53 minutes ago, Ayalad said:

How did everyone's interview go on the 29th?

It went extremely smooth! They did a great job on explaining the interview process and faculty were a delight to talk with. It was clear that they wanted the applicants to succeed and not feel too stressed.

Also I received a call during lunch today regarding that I have been offered a seat for the class of 2023! 

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, paulprepa said:

It went extremely smooth! They did a great job on explaining the interview process and faculty were a delight to talk with. It was clear that they wanted the applicants to succeed and not feel too stressed.

Also I received a call during lunch today regarding that I have been offered a seat for the class of 2023! 

Ahhh! Congrats! How exciting! Did they explain why there was such a big break between interview dates? June, July and then September?Are you a first time applicant?  Sorry for the 20 questions, just curious. Thank you for your response and again congratulations!

14 minutes ago, Ayalad said:

Ahhh! Congrats! How exciting! Did they explain why there was such a big break between interview dates? June, July and then September?Are you a first time applicant?  Sorry for the 20 questions, just curious. Thank you for your response and again congratulations!

Thanks! Unfortunately they did not explain the break in interview dates. I was generally told that they had to push my next steps in the acceptance process due to COVID, so maybe it is due to that, but idk... and I am a 3rd time applicant. I applied while in undergrad (2017), the following year (2018), then took a break from applying to figure things out, and applied this cycle 2020-2021. 

Edited by paulprepa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, paulprepa said:

Thanks! Unfortunately they did not explain the break in interview dates. I was generally told that they had to push my next steps in the acceptance process due to COVID, so maybe it is due to that, but idk... and I am a 3rd time applicant. I applied while in undergrad (2017), the following year (2018), then took a break from applying to figure things out, and applied this cycle 2020-2021. 

Congratulations 🎊 your hard work has paid off 😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, audrox23 said:

SO excited!!! I got an interview offer today. Scheduled it and the only dates available were for 9/21 and 9/28 so I chose 9/21 in the AM. I really can't wait. Would love some advice if anyone has anything 🙂 

I was offered an interview today as well and also chose the 9/21 AM time for the interview! Congrats 🙂 

• Like 2

Guest EDani

I also received an interview request today! Soooo excited!! All of the September dates had filled so I'll be doing mine October 5th. Good luck everyone!

Also, its MMI format, any tips from anyone?!?

Edited by EDani

1 hour ago, EDani said:

I also received an interview request today! Soooo excited!! All of the September dates had filled so I'll be doing mine October 5th. Good luck everyone!

Also, its MMI format, any tips from anyone?!?

When I interviewed for medical school, the interview was a MMI-style interview so I prepared with a book called "Multiple Mini Interview For The Mind". Although I didn't have the best stats, I was accepted to medical school (decided not to go... but thats another story haha), and the interviewers cited my interviewing skills as one of the deciding factors! Between that book and sample questions and scenarios online, you will do great! Best of luck 🙂 

• Like 2

On 7/1/2020 at 4:42 PM, paulprepa said:

Hey! Do you mind sharing what you did to improve your application after each cycle?

5 hours ago, jparra1 said:

When I interviewed for medical school, the interview was a MMI-style interview so I prepared with a book called "Multiple Mini Interview For The Mind". Although I didn't have the best stats, I was accepted to medical school (decided not to go... but thats another story haha), and the interviewers cited my interviewing skills as one of the deciding factors! Between that book and sample questions and scenarios online, you will do great! Best of luck 🙂 

Congrats on your interview invite! I am definitely going to check out that book. I interviewed last cycle, but I can't help be extra nervous this time around. I want to show them that I've grown and that I am even better than before.

On 7/2/2020 at 6:27 PM, hannahthompson6 said:

For those of you who received interview invites today, do you mind sharing when you submitted your secondary? Thanks and congrats 🙂

Submitted 6/2. Verified 6/4. Sent my GRE scores in and they didn't receive them until 6/12. That was the same day I received an email stating my application was complete and was moving onto review.