2020-2021 Application Cycle

16 hours ago, DeyaD said:

Hi Ayalad,

I'm a reapplicant this year, as well. Can you tell me if you added anything to your app this year? Volunteering, shadowing, classes, etc.?

Hi! Yes I did, I almost doubled my HCE hours from last cycle, I got promoted to a new leadership position, I also started substitute teaching part-time, and I am retaking my GRE. I rewrote my personal statement and my secondary application questions too. I wanted to show them that I am still working on improving myself and continuing my pursuit of becoming a PA. 

• Like 1

I just received an interview invite and have scheduled it for July 6th! This is my first time interviewing. Will we be interviewing during both morning and afternoon sessions? I was under the impression it was one or the other but I did not have a choice to pick a time when I signed up. Any help on the format of the day would be much appreciated!

• Upvote 1

I just received an interview invite and have scheduled it for July 6th! This is my first time interviewing. Will we be interviewing during both morning and afternoon sessions? I was under the impression it was one or the other but I did not have a choice to pick a time when I signed up. Any help on the format of the day would be much appreciated!

I just received an interview too! I scheduled for July 6 as well and I didn’t have the option to pick a time either... so I’m confused haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, ap597 said:

I just received an interview too! I scheduled for July 6 as well and I didn’t have the option to pick a time either... so I’m confused haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! and im glad im not alone there haha. I just sent an email asking and will report back

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MackenzieB said:

I will be interviewing on July 6th too 😁 woohoo! Congrats guys. Yeah I'm confused about the am/pm thing because I wasn't given an option so I'm signed up for both. Also there was no attachment (the disclosure agreement we are supposed to sign and return). 

26 minutes ago, MackenzieB said:

congratulations!! would you mind sharing stats and/or when you submitted the secondary? I got an email that my app is under review on 6/4 and havent heard anything, im getting super antsy.  

3 minutes ago, Ayalad said:

I will be interviewing on July 6th too 😁 woohoo! Congrats guys. Yeah I'm confused about the am/pm thing because I wasn't given an option so I'm signed up for both. Also there was no attachment (the disclosure agreement we are supposed to sign and return). 

congrats!! I noted that as well when I sent the email. Gina responded quickly and stated that my email should have specified that I was meant to sign up for a date in September, as July slots are full. I did quite literally receive the invite email less than an hour ago, so if that is when y'all were invited as well that may be the problem. She is resetting my portal so I can re-sign up for September.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, acorder5 said:

congratulations!! would you mind sharing stats and/or when you submitted the secondary? I got an email that my app is under review on 6/4 and havent heard anything, im getting super antsy.  

of course, and thank you! 

submitted 5/20 and submitted supplemental 5/26. 

overall GPA: 3.6

science GPA: 3.4

hours: 4000 as a medical scribe, 1000 as a memory care CNA

I'm sure yours is coming any day now 🙂

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, crindl14 said:

Interviewing on 9/14 as well! Any re applicants have any tips for interviewing at ATSU?

Literally, just be yourself. Everyone at ATSU is so down to Earth and welcoming. They are super professional, but also approachable. My experience last cycle was wonderful, that is part of why I reapplied. They truly care about each of their applicants and want to build a strong cohort each application cycle. They care about you meeting the CASPA requirements, but they care even more about who you are as a person.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ayalad said:

Literally, just be yourself. Everyone at ATSU is so down to Earth and welcoming. They are super professional, but also approachable. My experience last cycle was wonderful, that is part of why I reapplied. They truly care about each of their applicants and want to build a strong cohort each application cycle. They care about you meeting the CASPA requirements, but they care even more about who you are as a person.

Thank you for this!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1