Just thinking out loud

Ever since the covid outbreak started our lives have been put on hold and I’m personally starting to struggle with my classes. I’m still doing well grade wise and I’m keeping up with everything, but I’m not learning the same as I would in the classroom. I feel like a lot of the information I read in my textbooks is sort of forgotten a week or 2 after reading it and I have too much to keep on top of to re-read all my notes constantly. I’m also taking an emt class which I can’t even be in person for to learn the skills I would need so that is starting to look more like a 7 credit A (hopefully an A) rather than potential PCE.

Any advice or motivation for a student taking chemistry/biology/emt-training from his basement?

I just wish I was out there educated enough to be on the front lines helping the sick. I hate that I’m just stuck home not doing my part to help those who need it most.

Also, any advice on what PCE I should shoot for this summer? I need to start very soon so I can hit my goal by summer 2022. My EMT instructor is saying we might not be able to get certified until November because NY state isn’t allowing testing. My mom works at a local hospital (Mather) and she’s trying to find me something through her doctor friends.

Thanks guys, stay safe.

In this situation it's hard to recommend something like Urgent Care centers because many of these clinics are closed or running on very little staff.

I worked as a UC unlicensed MA and did pretty much whatever the doc delegated to me that was legally allowed. 

Don't dwell, this too shall be over so your time to help those in need will come soon 🙂

I too HATE online classes...but it seems that is where my career/fate is heading. However, I wound recommend not doing too much at once. Your mental health is more important. I did my EMT course during the summer at an accelerated pace so I could focus on my studies that mattered (Uni classes). As the wise ones on here would say, it's much harder to increase GPA than it is to increase PCE.

Edited by Diggy
  • Like 1