So my particular PA school uses the PACKRAT to determine if students are ready to take the PANCE or not at the end of clinical year (this is new and never counted like this before). This year's most recent PACKRAT version national average is apparently a 167, 20 points higher than the last 3 averages on PAEA's website and 40 points higher than last years national average of 128 (according to my PA school). They have informed us that if we do not get within the 2 point standard deviation, they will not allow us to take the PANCE until we reach an adequate grade on the PACKRAT. Can they legally do this?
According to PAEA, the PACRAT can be done open book so these scores are skewed and shouldn't count for my class.
There is nothing in our program handbook about the PACKRAT being a requirement for graduation.
I live in a fairly decent size metropolitan area but work across state lines for a medical group with a small neurosurgery department. I am a salaried full time employee with the med group. There are now two surgeons who collaborate with me. But, the newer surgeon is actually paid by a local academic center and not the med group. The academic center has a business arrangement with the med group to provide 1 neurosurgeon 3 weeks a month. He is filling that role but also has agreements in place with the other surgeon in order to cover patients if an issue comes up.
The medical group has furloughed most of the advanced providers across many specialties. Recently it sounds as if the med group does not want to keep my position. However the surgeon (who is paid by the academic center) is interested in continuing to have me work with him and hire me as a private assist to him. He is not in a position to provide benefits which is okay with me to negotiate around. It seems that being an independent contractor 1099 is not the correct way to be employed by him technically since I won't really determine my own hours or provide any materials etc.
Im looking for options on how to work with him. Does anyone have what appears to look like a standard supervisory arrangement with their surgeon but goes about it in an unconventional way? I really like the surgeon and he is loyal to me. He does his fair share of work and gives me the freedom to do a lot more than the other surgeon in the OR.
Hello, I am Chase Bernardy, a current 3rd Year at CSUSB - Cal State San Bernardino as Kinesiology Allied Health Major with a minor in Biology and overall GPA of 3.7. I am in desperate need to shadow in order to graduate on time. I work as an EMT and Phlebotomist, and am taking more medical classes this summer. Any help would be appreciated, I understand the difficulty with COVID, but I am not afraid of the task. Have a good day!
I know that you can literally major in ANYTHING, but do some programs have an inherent preference for science majors. Would majoring in for instance Communications, be seen as taking the "easy way out". Obviously, getting an A in a upper division communications class is easier than getting an A in a upper division biology class (not a pre-req). This would lead to a high cGPA but will pa programs hold this against you in some way???
I am new to this site and I would really appreciate if I can receive advice. I have an undergraduate GPA of 3.045 right now this is prior to my spring semester grades being placed in and I project my GPA to raise but I guess not much since I will mostly have A's and B's. I am also graduating in December so I have one more semester. What makes me nervous is that Yale requires prereq's that I don't have yet (Micro, A&P I AND II, and Biochem) but I have the statistics portion. Luckily, Yale doesn't require any labs for the prereq's. Yale's minimum GPA req is a 2.8 however, CASPA hasn't calculated my GPA yet and based on what I've heard a CASPA gpa is way lower than your transcript gpa and I want to be competitive.
Not to mention that I am a psychology major which is already not the usual biology/chem. My major (science undergraduate) is a 3.5.
My plans were this summer to take these classes at a community college while completing classes towards finishing my degree at my usual university. The reason for this is due to COVID-19 and my school deciding to continue remote learning via ZOOM. My university doesn't have the best science professors from what I heard and what I seen (taking chem which I got an A in). I figured community college whose curriculum is already set up as online would be much easier for me to pick u in and CHEAPER of course. I say all of this to ask if it makes since to put myself through all of this in the summer if I may not get an interview based on the fact that my regular GPA is 3.0 and even if I take all of these classes and receieve a 4.0 I doubt my CASPA gpa will be raised by that much.
My PCE (Paid) is 2000.