Cost of Attendance

Hi all,

Prospective PA student here. I was wondering about the cost of attendance here at Rocky. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for a program that isn't going to break the bank too harshly. I'm born and raised Montana who loves the state and wants to stay. I however am coming out of another Master's program in a year and haven't been super lucky in the scholarship/grant department. I'v already taken out quite a bit in loans for both undergrad and my first Master's.

Thanks for the help

Edited by Nverlanic06

This link should help answer your question:

https://www.rocky.edu/academics/academic-programs/graduate/master-physician-assistant-studies/additional-program-info-3

• First Summer Term – $7,889/term
  • Fall Semester Tuition and fees – $15,928/semester
  • Spring Semester Tuition and fees – $15,928/semester
  • Summer Semester Tuition and fees – $15,928/semester
  • Fall Clinical Semester Tuition and fees – $15,928/semester*
  • Spring Clinical Semester Tuition and fees – $15,928/semester*
  • Summer Clinical Semester Tuition and fees – $15,928/semester*

• 2 months later...
On 4/22/2020 at 12:47 PM, tahpa said:

This link should help answer your question:

https://www.rocky.edu/academics/academic-programs/graduate/master-physician-assistant-studies/additional-program-info-3

• First Summer Term – $7,889/term
  • Fall Semester Tuition and fees – $15,928/semester
  • Spring Semester Tuition and fees – $15,928/semester
  • Summer Semester Tuition and fees – $15,928/semester
  • Fall Clinical Semester Tuition and fees – $15,928/semester*
  • Spring Clinical Semester Tuition and fees – $15,928/semester*
  • Summer Clinical Semester Tuition and fees – $15,928/semester*

I'm a Rocky Grad. This is the cost of tuition only, you also have to add in cost of living allowance, especially as you are not supposed to work while in their program, which is where it really gets pricy.

I graduated with just over 200k in debt (a chunk of about 35k was from undergrad. Tuition plus room and board plus compounding interest from all loans from day one adds up fast. My interest rates were 5-7.9% federal loans.

Unfortunately higher education in this country is expensive and loans are honestly a bit predatory on students just looking to advance themselves. Many if not most PA programs are going to be on the expensive side. If you have family in the Billings area, living with them will significantly reduce your debt burden, also getting rotations in places where you have free or very low cost will help as well and you can take out less loans, I did most of my rotations in a higher cost of living area and I didn't have family in the areas of all but one of my rotations so I had to use short term housing which is expensive.

Good luck!