PANCE Grievance

I’m curious if anyone has ever filed a grievance with NCCPA based on their experience taking the PANCE?

If NCCPA accepts your grievance, do they automatically void your score (even if you passed), and then they just allow you to retake the exam?

I recently took the PANCE and experienced what I consider a valid incident at the testing center which I believe adversely affected my performance. Despite this, I feel like I did pretty well on the test. Obviously, I'd prefer not to take the exam again, and if I knew I passed, I would not worry any further about it. However, if I fail, I believe I have a valid reason to request a retest. Unfortunately, NCCPA requires the grievance to be filed within 3 business days of taking the exam, before the scores are released.

The exam metrics (particularly the scoring process) seems pretty shrouded in mystery, and we the consumer have no option but to trust that their methods are infallible. Likewise, by appearances, there do not seem to be any checks and balances or third party validators for NCCPA and their designated testing centers.

The paragraph about grievances on NCCPA's website was a bit sparse, and so I'd really appreciate any additional information or anyone’s experience with this situation.

Thanks!

I’m curious if anyone has ever filed a grievance with NCCPA based on their experience taking the PANCE?

If NCCPA accepts your grievance, do they automatically void your score (even if you passed), and then they just allow you to retake the exam?

I recently took the PANCE and experienced what I consider a valid incident at the testing center which I believe adversely affected my performance. Despite this, I feel like I did pretty well on the test. Obviously, I'd prefer not to take the exam again, and if I knew I passed, I would not worry any further about it. However, if I fail, I believe I have a valid reason to request a retest. Unfortunately, NCCPA requires the grievance to be filed within 3 business days of taking the exam, before the scores are released.

The exam metrics (particularly the scoring process) seems pretty shrouded in mystery, and we the consumer have no option but to trust that their methods are infallible. Likewise, by appearances, there do not seem to be any checks and balances or third party validators for NCCPA and their designated testing centers.

The paragraph about grievances on NCCPA's website was a bit sparse, and so I'd really appreciate any additional information or anyone’s experience with this situation.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Unfortunately I had a grievance with the testing center when I took my PANCE. At the time I did not realize the 3 day rule. A custodian ran a vacuum off & on the entire time I took my test. Luckily I had ear plugs. I did pass my PANCE and reported it after I passed my test but didn't feel like I accomplished anything. I was very polite and I made it perfectly clear that I did not want them to do anything other than to check with the testing center to assure this would not happen to future test takers. They shot me down pretty quickly. I don't think there is a way to win with them.

Unfortunately I had a grievance with the testing center when I took my PANCE. At the time I did not realize the 3 day rule. A custodian ran a vacuum off & on the entire time I took my test. Luckily I had ear plugs. I did pass my PANCE and reported it after I passed my test but didn't feel like I accomplished anything. I was very polite and I made it perfectly clear that I did not want them to do anything other than to check with the testing center to assure this would not happen to future test takers. They shot me down pretty quickly. I don't think there is a way to win with them.

Just wanted to share what I learned in the process the past couple of days. If you submit a grievance and you pass the PANCE, the issue basically becomes "no harm, no foul". So, in answer to my previous question, your score is not automatically voided if your grievance is accepted by NCCPA. If you do not pass, then NCCPA looks into your claim in more detail and then determines if they will allow you to retake it again gratis.

If you feel you have an incident during the test which affected your performance, it's imperative that you make sure that the Pearson VUE exam proctor files an incident report, so that NCCPA has some documentation to refer to in their investigation.

Just wanted to share what I learned in the process the past couple of days. If you submit a grievance and you pass the PANCE, the issue basically becomes "no harm, no foul". So, in answer to my previous question, your score is not automatically voided if your grievance is accepted by NCCPA. If you do not pass, then NCCPA looks into your claim in more detail and then determines if they will allow you to retake it again gratis.

If you feel you have an incident during the test which affected your performance, it's imperative that you make sure that the Pearson VUE exam proctor files an incident report, so that NCCPA has some documentation to refer to in their investigation.

Archived