PA Petition. 100,000 signatures needed by May 04th, 2020.

This was a great effort but, in my opinion, was not likely to gain enough traction to secure the necessary signatures. PAFT had a similar petition and it didn't even come close after a lot of work. 

Then there was the issue of what was going to be gained by putting in the amount of work needed to get the signatures. It would get your petition looked at. No promise of response. To get a response it would take 150k signatures and then the response could be "nah".

So our effort led me to believe this would not be worth the incredible amount of energy this would take. I, and as far as I know, most PAFT members, signed the petition and shared it but looking at the energy put into this, and that was a lot, and the outcome, it seems my assumption was proved out. Lots of time and energy to accomplish nothing. Its both sad and, I'm sure, frustrationg for the folks who worked so hard on this. Doubly sad for me is the organizers and close followers of the organizers are now trying to blame PAFT for the petition's failure. They are short more than 70,000 signatures but they want it to be PAFTs fault.

I have been leading and managing people and organizations for some 30 years. The poorest leaders try to blame others for their failures.

Edited by sas5814
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, sas5814 said:

This was a great effort but, in my opinion, was not likely to gain enough traction to secure the necessary signatures. PAFT had a similar petition and it didn't even come close after a lot of work. 

Then there was the issue of what was going to be gained by putting in the amount of work needed to get the signatures. It would get your petition looked at. No promise of response. To get a response it would take 150k signatures and then the response could be "nah".

So our effort led me to believe this would not be worth the incredible amount of energy this would take. I, and as far as I know, most PAFT members, signed the petition and shared it but looking at the energy put into this, and that was a lot, and the outcome, it seems my assumption was proved out. Lots of time and energy to accomplish nothing. Its both sad and, I'm sure, frustrationg for the folks who worked so hard on this. Doubly sad for me is the organizers and close followers of the organizers are now trying to blame PAFT for the petition's failure. They are short more than 70,000 signatures but they want it to be PAFTs fault.

I have been leading and managing people and organizations for some 30 years. The poorest leaders try to blame others for their failures.

Agreed, but it did spark up thoughtful dialogue with whom I shared including friends, previous professors, state leaders, and colleagues. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
21 hours ago, SedRate said:

Agreed, but it did spark up thoughtful dialogue with whom I shared including friends, previous professors, state leaders, and colleagues. 

Indeed.  Look at it not as a permanent failure, but a setback, an opportunity to spread the message and a chance to pause and reconsider strategy.  This did need to happen now in the opening weeks of the Covid-19 experience in America, if only to prime the pump for the after action reviews which will eventually ascribe a number of lives lost and an amount of economic damage to Byzantine PA oversight laws.

• Upvote 1