chances of getting in to PA school 2020-2021

Hey everyone! 

I wanted to get ya'lls feedback regarding my stats for PA school. I plan to apply this cycle but am curious to hear what you all think of my chances. I would say I am average at best... I plan to apply to 12 schools. 

cumulative gpa: 3.499 

Science gpa: 3.41

GRE: 300, 4.5 writing 

LOR: 5. 

DCP: 2500 hours (would be around 4500 by the time i matriculate) include nursing home, university health center, free clinic, and a large orthopedic practice 

Leadership: VP of sorority for one year

Volunteer hours: 1000+

My stats are very similar. This will be my second year applying, I only applied to 6 schools last year and waited until the deadline to apply (I got denied from all schools and no interviews)

cumulative gpa: 3.5

Science gpa: 3.36

GRE: 302, 3 writing

LOR: 3 (2 MD, 1 BCHM professor)

DCP: 2500 hours pediatric cardiology practice, allergy and sinus center, home health nurse aide 

Volunteer: 250 hrs+ sexual assault response advocate

This year I plan on applying to 14 schools (BU, Duke, Campbell, CSU, Elon, FSU, HPU, JMU, MCPHS (boston campus) MUSC, NE, RFU, WF and Wingate)

Best of luck everyone!  Can I get some feedback??? Retook the GRE (297----> 302) increased PCE hours and re-did my personal statement making it more me... 

4 minutes ago, secondroundbestround said:

My stats are very similar. This will be my second year applying, I only applied to 6 schools last year and waited until the deadline to apply (I got denied from all schools and no interviews)

cumulative gpa: 3.5

Science gpa: 3.36

GRE: 302, 3 writing

LOR: 3 (2 MD, 1 BCHM professor)

DCP: 2500 hours pediatric cardiology practice, allergy and sinus center, home health nurse aide 

Volunteer: 250 hrs+ sexual assault response advocate

This year I plan on applying to 14 schools (BU, Duke, Campbell, CSU, Elon, FSU, HPU, JMU, MCPHS (boston campus) MUSC, NE, RFU, WF and Wingate)

Best of luck everyone!  Can I get some feedback??? Retook the GRE (297----> 302) increased PCE hours and re-did my personal statement making it more me... 

Awesome! Congrats on bringing your GRE up!  May I ask the 6 you applied to the first time? Did you reach out to hear feedback? I have heard of some people doing that.  I am also applying to JMU, UNE, WF and Duke 🙂 

8 minutes ago, singerdancer said:

Awesome! Congrats on bringing your GRE up!  May I ask the 6 you applied to the first time? Did you reach out to hear feedback? I have heard of some people doing that.  I am also applying to JMU, UNE, WF and Duke 🙂 

Thank you! Wake, Elon, Campbell, HPU, MUSC and CSU! I tried reaching out initially and didn't get responses. I did go to a PA virtual fair last week and a rep from Elon pulled up my application from last year. She said I'd go up in the pool with the new GRE score but let me know my GPA was still a little low compared to others (UGH!) Other schools that look @ GPA holistically are way better in my opinion. My GPA started low (3.1 and got higher each semester!) Where else are you applying?? Have you finished your PS? 

5 minutes ago, secondroundbestround said:

Thank you! Wake, Elon, Campbell, HPU, MUSC and CSU! I tried reaching out initially and didn't get responses. I did go to a PA virtual fair last week and a rep from Elon pulled up my application from last year. She said I'd go up in the pool with the new GRE score but let me know my GPA was still a little low compared to others (UGH!) Other schools that look @ GPA holistically are way better in my opinion. My GPA started low (3.1 and got higher each semester!) Where else are you applying?? Have you finished your PS? 

Wow thats crazy... I never really looked into Elon much because I think I saw at first glance that they aren't super holistic when they view applications?  I totally agree. I was the same it started off low and then every semester improved! Im also applying to stony brook, University of texas san antonio, uc davis, u of florida, barry university,radford,  shenendoah, stony brook, university of tennessee health sciences and northwestern 🙂 so pretty much all over. and i have a pretty solid draft of it done but it def needs some finishing up. Im graduating this may so I'm still finishing some classes so its been hard to balance the two!! when do you hope to submit your apps by? my goal is memorial day or june 1st. 

That's a good timeline for sure. I plan to have mine submitted by late May... I can't wait for CASPA to open. Good for you for being on top of it esp w all the COVID-19 ish and graduating. A lot of programs at the virtual fair were commenting on how much different the application pool will be with COVID-19. Maybe this will work out in our favor! Message me as the cycle goes on! I wish you luck! 

• Like 1