Do I have a chance of getting into PA school?

Hi! I wasn’t sure if I should apply this cycle to PA school so I wanted to get some opinions. My GPA is a 3.89. I have a biomedical science degree and chemistry minor. I have over 1000 hours as a phlebotomist at a plasma donation center where I get donors hooked up to machines and monitor them throughout the whole process, troubleshoot problems, and respond to patients that have reactions. I am also a medical screener there too where I take vitals, prick fingers, assess protein and hematocrit readings. I train new hires in both of these positions in addition to that. In college I was part of a sorority and had a position as Marshall where I served on the ceremonies team. I was also secretary of the Red Cross Club. I volunteered at the hospital for about a year in the emergency department. I also went to Costa Rica with a group of doctors where I took a course in emergency medicine and became certified as a Wilderness first responder. I also bartended my senior year. I planned to get shadowing but due to the COVID restrictions I will not be able to. I am planning on taking the GRE soon as well. Please let me know if I would be considered a weak or strong applicant. Is it worth it to apply or should I most likely wait until I can shadow/get more hours in?! Thank you!! 

My recommendation is that you visit some PA programs.  That way you can get a better feel for the program and what the training involves.  While you're there, ask the program staff what their opinion is of your qualifications.  Their opinion would be much more valuable than that of practicing PA's who aren't involved in the admissions process.

• 3 weeks later...

I would apply.  Many schools this year are being a lot more lenient about shadowing hours due to COVID causing a shut down of the clinical environments where you could shadow.  I got a few emails or checked some updates from programs that said they were allowing hours to not be complete at time of application or throwing that out all together.