Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Looks like we're on the same submission schedule. I got my review email on yesterday! Good luck! If you don't mind me asking when did you submit? @anthrobiologist

Submitted 5/26 Verified 5/29

Enrollment verification 6/22 which held my application up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, YCrossPA said:

I guess they are running behind @ScullyAMA, its gonna happen. Stay hopeful 🙏

Oh man, yeah seems that way. Thanks @YCrossPA. Today was a little rough, not gonna lie. Just have to focus on the things I can control for now!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everybody just hang in there and try to keep the anxiety down. As much as we want to find a pattern in the announcements they are dealing with all of the same 2020 chaos as the rest of us and why wouldn't the announcement schedule be all over the place this year.

If you've already interviewed, there is nothing you can do but impatiently wait but do try and stay occupied with something instead of obsessing over the process.

If you haven't interviewed yet just hang tight they will get to you. Spend some time practicing your interview skills those are something that will always be useful.

I don't know that it's any better after you get accepted cause now I get to worry about being able make school,  work, and family all fit. Before it was all theoretical but now I have to make it a reality and my wife likes having heat in the house and my kids like to eat.

There is always something to worry about no matter what stage of the process you're in. I've spent a lot of years worrying about a lot of things but it's never helped. The thing that has helped is determining that I will make it through and working to improve myself so I have better odds of being successful. If not this time then the next time. 

TL:DR I'm tired and philosophical. Worrying isn't productive. Focus on the end goal.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

I received an application under review email today. For the supplemental fee, anyone know if I am supposed to just send it or do I have to wait for them to send an email about the fee? I know other programs usually send you an email with instructions or link to pay the fee. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, biopsyd said:

Hi everyone,

I received an application under review email today. For the supplemental fee, anyone know if I am supposed to just send it or do I have to wait for them to send an email about the fee? I know other programs usually send you an email with instructions or link to pay the fee. 

I believe you need to mail it either in cashier’s check or money order.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a little piece of advice no one asked for, but I will share. On the day I was accepted, many got calls in the morning. I did not. I crumbled. I was devastated and cried for hours. Emailed my counselor, and I skipped out on a meeting I had planned on Zoom for something. I was thinking about what this meant for me and my kids and my future and how everything was about to shift and I had to re-group (yes, my mind was a day full of run-on sentences). I spent all day reading this forum and freaking out. Then in the evening, the forum picked up again and still no call for me. As soon as I began to feel proud of myself and think about how I will make this "rejection" a positive in my life and will find a new path and will make it no matter what is when I felt better. I smiled! I was proud of myself and getting it this far. I decided it was 6 pm on the west coast and 9 pm on the east coast, so it was time for me to call it a night and be happy and go for a walk. What would be would be. As soon as I turned off my computer and set my phone aside....my phone rang!!! I couldn't believe it. I was Accepted! 


I learned a lesson that day. The forum is fantastic, and everyone is so supportive, and it is nice to get information and comfort. On the flip side, it becomes an obsession and may be toxic. I had a horrible mental health day because I kept comparing my journey to others. 

Again, no one asked for this story, but I will leave it here. Interpret it as you will, and maybe it will make you revisit your actions during the day. Don't let the forum decide how the rest of your day will be like. YOU have the power to determine how you feel and proceed. 

Rooting for you all and hope to meet many of you next year! 

  • Like 17
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've all got this! We have a weekend to relax, enjoy family, or take care of business to keep our minds healthy and active. Hopefully, we all hear the news we desire next week! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Crschr said:

We've all got this! We have a weekend to relax, enjoy family, or take care of business to keep our minds healthy and active. Hopefully, we all hear the news we desire next week! 

@Crschr , thank you for the cheep-up for us ! You are right ! We have been investing the so much time and efforts on this journey this long . There is nothing we can do at this point , except for taking minds off the situation . I decided to take a car ride with my daughter and enjoy the ocean view on the coast this weekend 😎. Never give up , everyone! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have finished two books in the past couple days. Is stress reading a thing? It has been nice to not think about anything for the weekend, like @Crschr said. 😊

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, olipajoli said:

I have finished two books in the past couple days. Is stress reading a thing? It has been nice to not think about anything for the weekend, like @Crschr said. 😊

I think stress anything is a thing! Totally doing the same thing though. I went and hit golf balls yesterday to get in some fresh air and have been reading in all my down time. Only time will tell what is ahead of us but right now other worlds is good enough for me ❤️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2020 at 3:16 AM, PAgoalgetter said:

Just a little piece of advice no one asked for, but I will share. On the day I was accepted, many got calls in the morning. I did not. I crumbled. I was devastated and cried for hours. Emailed my counselor, and I skipped out on a meeting I had planned on Zoom for something. I was thinking about what this meant for me and my kids and my future and how everything was about to shift and I had to re-group (yes, my mind was a day full of run-on sentences). I spent all day reading this forum and freaking out. Then in the evening, the forum picked up again and still no call for me. As soon as I began to feel proud of myself and think about how I will make this "rejection" a positive in my life and will find a new path and will make it no matter what is when I felt better. I smiled! I was proud of myself and getting it this far. I decided it was 6 pm on the west coast and 9 pm on the east coast, so it was time for me to call it a night and be happy and go for a walk. What would be would be. As soon as I turned off my computer and set my phone aside....my phone rang!!! I couldn't believe it. I was Accepted! 


I learned a lesson that day. The forum is fantastic, and everyone is so supportive, and it is nice to get information and comfort. On the flip side, it becomes an obsession and may be toxic. I had a horrible mental health day because I kept comparing my journey to others. 

Again, no one asked for this story, but I will leave it here. Interpret it as you will, and maybe it will make you revisit your actions during the day. Don't let the forum decide how the rest of your day will be like. YOU have the power to determine how you feel and proceed. 

Rooting for you all and hope to meet many of you next year! 

This was 100% me on Thursday too. Normally I’d be scrubbed in a case but I was training someone who doesn’t need any help so I had the whole morning to be on my phone and see that people were accepted and to obsess over it and feel like I was out of the running. I just knew I hadn’t made it and was feeling all those feels. I’ll be fair and say there’s a lot going on in my life right now: I work in a covid hospital in Texas, we don’t know what schooling is going to look like for my daughter this fall, and my house was all torn up for new floors at that time...on top of waiting for Sphinx call from the one super hard to get into PA program I applied to. I had a horrible mental health day. And after dinner when I was trying to take my deep breaths and regroup with what this meant for my next year to get ready and try again...I got the call. 
 

I love this forum but also knowing to step away from it is a good thing too 🙂 I hope everyone has such a wonderful weekend and can disconnect from this process for a moment.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You all are doing great! Here's to the weekend we had of learning, loving, and relaxing (or working and serving or whatever else anyone did). I hope you have each enjoyed the deep breathing, soul reading, and sport living. My oldest niece graduated this weekend. Talk about a unique experience. Y'all have a great night's rest! We've got this. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I just received an offer to participate in an academic and personal interview via zoom. The personal interviews appear available to schedule. However, there are no times available for academic interviews. Could someone provide me with some insight regarding this situation? Do personal interviews have to be conducted before academic interviews happen?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Joemonkey said:

Hi, I just received an offer to participate in an academic and personal interview via zoom. The personal interviews appear available to schedule. However, there are no times available for academic interviews. Could someone provide me with some insight regarding this situation? Do personal interviews have to be conducted before academic interviews happen?

 

 

I am in the same boat! Calling my admissions counselor now. I will update you once I hear back from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi, I just received an offer to participate in an academic and personal interview via zoom. The personal interviews appear available to schedule. However, there are no times available for academic interviews. Could someone provide me with some insight regarding this situation? Do personal interviews have to be conducted before academic interviews happen?
 
 

Congratulations on the interview invite!! I just received one as well! I am having the same issue of not being able to schedule the academic interview and was wondering the same thing.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all - long time reader but first time posting. I just got an interview invitation via email today. I submitted 5/31 and my application went under review 6/20. Very excited!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JRussell said:


Congratulations on the interview invite!! I just received one as well! I am having the same issue of not being able to schedule the academic interview and was wondering the same thing.

Nice! I’ll let you know when I learn about the solution to our problem. I’m expecting a call from Grace. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More