2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

11 minutes ago, D0011 said:

Hi there! Quick question—were you on the waitlist to interview, or post interview? 
Also, does anyone know (for post interview) if we will receive a response either way? 

One of the Yale webinars I watched probably over a year ago they said they go through the application starting with the early deadline and offer seats to extremely well qualified candidates. Once they get to the end of the full admissions cycle and have reviewed all applicants if there are seats available they return to the early deadline applicants and look for well qualified candidates to fill the remaining seats. If there is still seats available they move to the general admissions deadline candidates. 

*The following is my opinion and worth exactly what you paid for it. 🤷

I'm going to make a couple of big assumptions here. 1) They are still doing it roughly the same way. 2) The waitlisted people are those candidates that will be looked at for those remaining seats.

If those assumptions are true then the waitlist people probably won't get an offer until after the final deadline in September. They probably will continue to get a periodic email wondering if they are still interested because it's likely they get accepted somewhere else while waiting.

Of course someone could ask their admissions counselor if that's how the waitlist works and report back so everyone can quit assuming and worrying.  

• Like 1

For those waiting to hear still I just talked to my admission counselor and he said there is no particular order they are going in. He stated that they make decisions as quickly as they can but in no specific order. Admission decisions are still going out and can take up to next week to be finished completely. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, madi.loruss said:

For those waiting to hear still I just talked to my admission counselor and he said there is no particular order they are going in. He stated that they make decisions as quickly as they can but in no specific order. Admission decisions are still going out and can take up to next week to be finished completely. 

@madi.loruss  I am hoping you are right. Based on the last round, the acceptance rate is 14 out of 53 which is 26.42% of the chance to the selected interviewees. If you divide the total of 72 seats by 4 rounds (hypothetically one round each month to Sep), it should be an average of 18 seats each round. So we can assume either there are roughly 14 people out there haven't shared their acceptance in this forum or there are still many more will come out later today, this week, or next week. 
This is just my guess. I am sure people already accepted in this cohort can tell us more about this. I guess many of us still very positive and hopeful !💖

Edited by PrePAABGL
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hkane said:

I really needed this after the stress of today...who are we kidding, this week, and the knowledge that more waiting is coming... It should say “not when you get the acceptance” too.

I thought others may need it also 🙃

81F98414-F39A-496C-B5EC-FC2EF2646D0A.jpeg

Thanks so much for this!! ❤️ I really needed to see that !

1 hour ago, madi.loruss said:

Thank you for that info. Delayed not denied. I prayed about it. Anxiety will not win today. No news is still good news 🙌🏽 I still believe. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Krystalized said:

Hey friend! I was already accepted. You mean Emily! Congrats Emily lol! Hope you hear soon! 

Hey Kristal, hahaha.🤣..I meant Emily and jamierah. You are right. I woke up this morning and realized everyone was posting congrats comments at the same time. Of course, I know you are one of the first few got accepted. 

I just want to thank you for the encouragement you posted earlier and hope for the best for any news😻

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hkane said:

I really needed this after the stress of today...who are we kidding, this week, and the knowledge that more waiting is coming... It should say “not when you get the acceptance” too.

I thought others may need it also 🙃

81F98414-F39A-496C-B5EC-FC2EF2646D0A.jpeg

That's ok, Hkane! You still have us! We can go through this together.💖

3 hours ago, jamierah said:

One of the Yale webinars I watched probably over a year ago they said they go through the application starting with the early deadline and offer seats to extremely well qualified candidates. Once they get to the end of the full admissions cycle and have reviewed all applicants if there are seats available they return to the early deadline applicants and look for well qualified candidates to fill the remaining seats. If there is still seats available they move to the general admissions deadline candidates. 

*The following is my opinion and worth exactly what you paid for it. 🤷

I'm going to make a couple of big assumptions here. 1) They are still doing it roughly the same way. 2) The waitlisted people are those candidates that will be looked at for those remaining seats.

If those assumptions are true then the waitlist people probably won't get an offer until after the final deadline in September. They probably will continue to get a periodic email wondering if they are still interested because it's likely they get accepted somewhere else while waiting.

Of course someone could ask their admissions counselor if that's how the waitlist works and report back so everyone can quit assuming and worrying.  

I am waitlisted from the last interview round and really hoping this is true! 

Congrats to everyone who was accepted! What an accomplishment!

I will also add that a few of us on the waitlist have asked admissions counselors questions about how the waitlist works specifically and they haven’t been able to give us much info. So for now guessing it is 😂

Edited by Tiffb13

I’m in a weird place right now.  I decided to go fishing today to try and forget about everything but of course all I could do was check this forum.  Honestly, I’m disappointed beyond all belief but happy for all of you that were accepted.  I’m still hoping for a wait list at the very least but it seems that my acceptance is a long shot.  I hope we all have answers one way or another sooner rather than later.

11 minutes ago, Aselph said:

I’m in a weird place right now.  I decided to go fishing today to try and forget about everything but of course all I could do was check this forum.  Honestly, I’m disappointed beyond all belief but happy for all of you that were accepted.  I’m still hoping for a wait list at the very least but it seems that my acceptance is a long shot.  I hope we all have answers one way or another sooner rather than later.

You are not alone in feeling like this. My heart goes out to everyone who got in but dang this sucks! I keep trying to think of what I could have done better. Just sucks not knowing for sure what is going on 😔.

26 minutes ago, Aselph said:

Aw, fishing?? Sounds so fun. Enjoy! This entire process is undoubtedly a roller coaster and will even test the patience of the most calm, cool, and collected person. One day at a time 🙏 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, YCrossPA said:

Just got an email, my app is under review!!!

Submitted my app 7/19...I'm surprised at the timely response. But, nevertheless excited!

All the admissions counselors at Yale Online are amazing! I called Sanjay earlier to ask about GPA requirements, etc (not that it matters anymore because I submitted my app on 7/11). He said once your app is under review it takes roughly 4-5 weeks to receive a decision, rejection or interview. Then another 2-3 weeks on top of that if you interview. He also said DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL. They are there to support us in whatever way we need, which is what I need to hear sometimes when the anxiety is too much. 

• Upvote 1

I just got the acceptance call about 15 mins ago.  I am really not one for posting but I wanted to give out some hope to those who haven't heard yet.  When she called about my spot in the program, she said that they were running behind with the calls.  She had been in meetings all day and just finished dinner, so she wanted to get a few more calls out there today.  Made it sound like calls could be happening this evening and tomorrow. 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, ScullyAMA said:

Aw, fishing?? Sounds so fun. Enjoy! This entire process is undoubtedly a roller coaster and will even test the patience of the most calm, cool, and collected person. One day at a time 🙏 

Yes, fishing.  Took my kayak out to just be alone and forget the world.  I only caught two small ones but that’s ok.  Just wanted to not be in this process for a bit.