You guys will get there! It makes me sad that you guys are leaving us in this chat. I know others have left their social media in this forum, but if anyone would like to connect my IG is mandsann and my facebook is Amanda Jamison , and we can still continue to support each other no matter what! 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Normally I don’t respond to these type of forum posts because it usually does no good.  But since you used my name (Jim Van Rhee) in the post I feel obligated. So, a few points: 1.       Diversit

Just a little piece of advice no one asked for, but I will share. On the day I was accepted, many got calls in the morning. I did not. I crumbled. I was devastated and cried for hours. Emailed my coun

Guys....I got the call!!!! Just waiting for follow up administrative emails but I'm so excited to join the crew!

Posted Images

7 hours ago, AJO0603 said:

HEADS UP YALL. KEEP IT MOVING. STAY STRONG. Idk about yall but i like weekends because you cant get updates. Its like a little break from thinking any email or call is the end lol.

I would not count on that... Several of us went under review last Saturday. 

Love to those who did not get in- the universe still has big plans for you, this is part of your pathway of getting there. Tonight... Eat cake and good chocolate and spoil yourself, because tomorrow and the world are coming for you. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, LindseyM1984 said:

Oh, no guys! Sorry for those who received any rejections! Like someone else said though, there’s always next year! Can anyone tell me though, did anyone who received a rejection today get interviewed? 

I did not. 

❤️  No one wanted to get those emails today. I wish I could take the sting out of that news. It's a hard journey and I know each of you have worked and worked and hoped to have a different result. We kinda feel like family here, I hope for the best for each of you. It's still early this cycle wishing good news coming your way soon 🙂 

• Like 5
5 hours ago, deltaformation3 said:
Hi everyone!
I have been following this thread silently, and I really appreciate the support and comradery in this group! Like many of you all, this school is my best bet as with family relocating is not very feasible.

I finally received the email that my application is under review, I submitted on 5/23. Does anyone know approximately how long it would be until I receive any interview notification?

So nervous!

Thank you for being so welcoming!

Hey! Sounds like you have a similar timeline to me [emoji1]. I received my under review email on 6/24 but had submitted on 5/28. Someone from admissions called me the next day to give me a timeline and he said it could be 4-5 weeks before receiving any new notification. Let’s hope that’s just giving some extra time and we hear something sooner! The anticipation is already starting to get to me [emoji28]

@maddielyman @Applyingfor2020 @Tsmith29 so sorry to hear that for y’all. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by JRussell
  • Like 1

Hi Guys, 

I just wanted to say that I love everything about this group.  I have been stalking the page for a while and just to see how you all just love on everyone especially when the news is not so great is wonderful.  I currently live in SC married to my HS sweetheart with two kids 14 and 13. I am also an Acupuncturist here in SC.  Well wishes to you all. 

• Like 4

Sorry to hear people got rejections on Friday ! Remember to keep trying and never give up !  It’s more important what we learn from this journey toward PA school. One day when we look back , I’m sure we’ll put a smile on our face . This won’t stop you from being a PA , it will make you a better PA! 💖

• Like 4

I hope everyone had a great weekend! This morning during my morning coffee, I suddenly remembered that this is a new week and that I am vulnerable again. And that thought made my stomach drop. But I know I'm not alone and that we're all in this stress-boat together!

Have a great week everyone!

Edited by ScullyAMA
  • Like 3
8 minutes ago, ScullyAMA said:

I hope everyone had a great weekend! This morning during my morning coffee, I suddenly remembered that this is a new week and that I am vulnerable again. And that thought made my stomach drop. But I know I'm not alone and that we're all in this stress-boat together!

Have a great week everyone!

Same here. I think the waiting game is really making me anxious. Wish all of us the best.

• Like 1

Quick question..does every applicant get an advisor assigned? For reference, I applied before the priority deadline and my  application went under review 6/20. The only communication I've had is through email (from the admissions committee) . I haven't heard from any advisor from Yale. Is this normal? Or should I contact them?

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Haroon said:

Quick question..does every applicant get an advisor assigned? For reference, I applied before the priority deadline and my  application went under review 6/20. The only communication I've had is through email (from the admissions committee) . I haven't heard from any advisor from Yale. Is this normal? Or should I contact them?

Everyone does get an advisor “assigned” to them. They are very communicative in the admissions office and eager to help you with any questions you may have. I will say that unless you really have a question on the process (and it’s something you can’t find on the website) I wouldn’t call or email a whole lot if you don’t have to but if course that’s up to you! 

At the point that you are at in the process it’s NOT unusual to not hear anything other than what you have heard so far. There are just so many apps that it takes a while to process.  I didn’t hear from my advisor via phone until the interview was offered. And even at this point (I’ve been accepted) most of the communication has been email! Hope that helps a little! Good luck!!!

• Like 5
35 minutes ago, Haroon said:

Hey, @Haroon, I'm in the same boat as you. But since @Krystalized and the other accepted (now PA-S!) have been so communicative, it is easier to sit in discomfort and play the waiting game. Let us know if you hear anything different! My app went under review the same day yours did 🙂 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Krystalized said:

Everyone does get an advisor “assigned” to them. They are very communicative in the admissions office and eager to help you with any questions you may have. I will say that unless you really have a question on the process (and it’s something you can’t find on the website) I wouldn’t call or email a whole lot if you don’t have to but if course that’s up to you! 

At the point that you are at in the process it’s NOT unusual to not hear anything other than what you have heard so far. There are just so many apps that it takes a while to process.  I didn’t hear from my advisor via phone until the interview was offered. And even at this point (I’ve been accepted) most of the communication has been email! Hope that helps a little! Good luck!!!

Thank you @Krystalized. I appreciate your input. I guess since I don't have any questions or concerns, I would not contact them. And Congratulations on your acceptance!! you must be over the moon!! happy for you!

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, ScullyAMA said:

Hey, @Haroon, I'm in the same boat as you. But since @Krystalized and the other accepted (now PA-S!) have been so communicative, it is easier to sit in discomfort and play the waiting game. Let us know if you hear anything different! My app went under review the same day yours did 🙂 

Good luck! I hope we hear something this week!!

On 6/25/2020 at 7:44 AM, CLBluebonnet said:

Those with Interview invites....If you feel like sharing what day you have it, I'll add you to my Good Vibes/Prayer list! (or you can DM)

I know that "Thoughts and Prayers" can seem empty sometimes....but both can be mighty powerful too. We're all in this together!

❤️

Thank you for this! ❤️❤️❤️

Mine are 7/7 & 7/16. 😊

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ok, so my application is under review as of today!! Here's my UPDATED timeline:

-submitted my app on 6/9

-verified on 6/10

-got a call from yale about my personal stuff on 6/10

-got a yale email that application fee was not received on 6/11

-sent out my fee on 6/11 

-application fee received 6/22 

-application under review 6/29

He said that it would take 3-4 weeks to hear about an interview, however it feels like it's been a lot sooner for some of us! So, fingers crossed. I'm entering a new level of anxiety!!!

Edited by mands
  • Like 1