Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Casper was straightforward, I agree with everyone. So weird that we won't ever receive our score, though! I am super jealous that you all get to submit, I still have to wait another month for Spring term to end and to send updated transcripts, etc. That being said, with everything that is going on, I have also found myself being a lot more patient, and, if I don't get in this cycle, I will just better myself for next year! Hard for me to get to that kind of thinking because I am HUGE on planning, but I'm putting less pressure on myself and a timeline to actually get into PA school. 
Good luck all! Looking forward to getting to follow your journeys on this forum over the next several months! Just think.... some of the people in here will be accepted to this program in just a few months!! Crazy!

Good luck to you as well! Planning is always a plus!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay! Excited to find this thread! Has anyone who has submitted their application been verified yet? Curious how long things are taking this early in the cycle? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all!

Glad I too found this thread.

For those of you who submitted already, did you wait until all transcripts were received? I have all my LORs in, but the transcripts that were not electronic and sent by mail are taking a while. 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

28 minutes ago, PAgoalgetter said:

Hello all!

Glad I too found this thread.

For those of you who submitted already, did you wait until all transcripts were received? I have all my LORs in, but the transcripts that were not electronic and sent by mail are taking a while. 

Thanks

From what I understand it doesn’t really matter either way. If you send it in before your transcripts are received they will just keep it until transcripts arrive before verification. So essentially it will take the same amount of time whether you submit with or without your transcripts because they won’t do anything until all transcripts are in.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ok so it says after application sent, is it a must applicant has to take casper to apply to yale? those of you with experience pls answer. tnx

Yale’s website stated that they strongly encouraged. I took the CASPer test on May 7th. I think that it was a very straightforward test. You can also assess the practice test on the CASPer website itself.
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
did you have to study for it or you just took it? how much you paid?

I just use the practice test provided on the Casper website and I felt that it was a very simple test. I paid $37 total.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bersabeh said:

ok so it says after application sent, is it a must applicant has to take casper to apply to yale? those of you with experience pls answer. tnx

No, you don’t have to take it, but they recommend you do. You just take it at home and it’s not really anything you could study for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2020 at 7:39 PM, Abhowe89 said:

So I take the CASper exam on 5/20. Just received an email from YALE online Pa stating they received my application and are reviewing to ensure I have everything. Anyone else submitted an application yet?

 

Congrats!! One step closer! Is your application verified yet? What day did you actually submit your app? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got notified that my application has been verified! I got an email from Yale saying they received my complete application and will be reviewing it. Does anyone know from past years how people were invited to interview? Was it by email or a phone call? And how quickly did that happen? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By looking at last year's posts, it looks like it's by email and it seems to happen pretty quickly after the cycle opens....so I would say those of us that have already applied should hear very soon. Take a look at those posts...

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tiffb13 said:

Just got notified that my application has been verified! I got an email from Yale saying they received my complete application and will be reviewing it. Does anyone know from past years how people were invited to interview? Was it by email or a phone call? And how quickly did that happen? 

Holy cow, congrats! Please keep us updated on when you hear back from Yale. I am still waiting on my darn LORs haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, emilymuff said:

Holy cow, congrats! Please keep us updated on when you hear back from Yale. I am still waiting on my darn LORs haha

What deadline date did you give those writing your letter? I gave mine one week! LOL. (They had a heads up before)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FuturePA9987 said:

What deadline date did you give those writing your letter? I gave mine one week! LOL. (They had a heads up before)

I gave them 2 weeks with a deadline of the 14th, so they still have few days haha. I gave them a heads up a while ago, so hopefully they will submit soon! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, emilymuff said:

Holy cow, congrats! Please keep us updated on when you hear back from Yale. I am still waiting on my darn LORs haha

Thank you! I told my letter writers that they I wanted to submit by Monday 5/4 so that way if they were a few days later it wouldn’t hold me back. I asked for the Letters at the beginning on April so maybe that helped. Don’t feel bad about reminding them though! One of my writers also had an issue creating an account which I wouldn’t have known had I not followed up, so definitely feel free to stay in touch with them! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, tiffb13 said:

Thank you! I told my letter writers that they I wanted to submit by Monday 5/4 so that way if they were a few days later it wouldn’t hold me back. I asked for the Letters at the beginning on April so maybe that helped. Don’t feel bad about reminding them though! One of my writers also had an issue creating an account which I wouldn’t have known had I not followed up, so definitely feel free to stay in touch with them! 

That’s good to know about the account issue! Thank you. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

I submitted my application yesterday for the priority deadline but 2 of my transcripts still haven’t been received by CASPA (I requested they be sent in the beginning of the cycle) — should I be concerned that my app won’t meet the priority deadline...

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far the verification process has taken just 1-2 days so I am sure you guys have plenty of time to make the priority deadline! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tiffb13 said:

So far the verification process has taken just 1-2 days so I am sure you guys have plenty of time to make the priority deadline! 

Thanks for the update! That's reassuring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if our letter writers get a notification that the deadline is approaching soon? The deadline that we put in the LOR request email. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, emilymuff said:

Does anyone know if our letter writers get a notification that the deadline is approaching soon? The deadline that we put in the LOR request email. 

I don’t think they do. When I mentioned it to one of mine and she had no clue what I was talking about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More