2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

Looks like the Navy is sending my family and I to San Diego for 3 years. If I get accepted to the program, I hope to connect with anyone else in the area [emoji846] 

That’s awesome! Congrats! That base is in such a pretty area. [emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/29/2020 at 4:17 AM, Krystalized said:

On Caspa under the status tab it will tell you the status of your app until it hits verification status. Once it is verified Caspa notifies Yale that it is and then the rest is on Yale. From what we have seen on this forum once the application is verified Yale will send an email or a call to let you know it is under review. It’s weird they already told you it was under review before you had submitted so I would just watch for the verification and if you don’t get an email saying under review I would contact Sanjay to touch base. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thank you so much! I will call Sanjay on Monday to confirm. 

Hey group, my application is submitted (5/26), verified (5/30), CASPer pending score (5/20), and I am taking Biochem through UCSD Extension during the summer (finished 8/31). AF veteran family here, my husband is a war veteran and now RN, and we have one son. I have PCE (~1900) as a Telemetry and Surgery Floor Aide. Very hopeful for this cycle. Good luck everyone !!

P.S. I'm from rural NorCal 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, anthrobiologist said:

Hey group, my application is submitted (5/26), verified (5/30), CASPer pending score (5/20), and I am taking Biochem through UCSD Extension during the summer (finished 8/31). AF veteran family here, my husband is a war veteran and now RN, and we have one son. I have PCE (~1900) as a Telemetry and Surgery Floor Aide. Very hopeful for this cycle. Good luck everyone !!

Thank you for your family’s service and welcome to the forum! 🙂 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, anthrobiologist said:

Wow! Thank y’all for your service (Texas here 😂). I am also an RN! What area does your hubby work? ER? I am the ACE charge nurse in the ER and I have an army medic turn RN who works with me. He is my right hand!!! Very impressive experience. Tele is a great background!! It will help you tons! Good luck moving forward and Welcome to the group!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Krystalized said:

Wow! Thank y’all for your service (Texas here 😂). I am also an RN! What area does your hubby work? ER? I am the ACE charge nurse in the ER and I have an army medic turn RN who works with me. He is my right hand!!! Very impressive experience. Tele is a great background!! It will help you tons! Good luck moving forward and Welcome to the group!!!

He has a Tele background, as well. We work for a rural community hospital. He's been rotating between ICU/ER and the COVID response team. He's been my inspiration through this all. We're very thankful for our GI benefits to pursue humanitarian roles. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FloridaFuturePA said:

Thank you guys! @emilymuff @Krystalized @CLBluebonne Im glad I'm not the only single parent lol Has anyone done their interviews? I saw it mentioned here its two different types of interviews, anyone care to elaborate? lol

Actually the first interviews start this week! I think @LDchick is first up tomorrow!!!! Good luck to her! She is gonna rock it 👊🏼 

it is two interviews. One academic one personal. That’s honestly all I know. And from reading forum post from previous cohorts it seems they are very kind and helpful. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bri23w said:

for those interviewing this week...what do y'all think about wearing headphones or airpods? Should we, should we not?

I am doing wireless headphones. I have the kids and just want to make sure they can hear me and I can hear them. Try them out and see how you feel. If having something in your ear is gonna bother you then I wouldn’t use it. As long as your surroundings are very quiet lol

18 hours ago, anthrobiologist said:

Heyy! 

my husband is also AF. But he’s communications!! 

How do you like the biochem course?? 

There may be no formula to it all, but according to last year’s forum, it looks like there were about 4 weeks in between the first and second round of interview invites. And then 2 weeks from then when the first round of acceptances went out.

I could be way off and Yale may have a totally new method this year, but I’m sure a lot of us are still checking our email quite often 😆🤞

Edited by emilymuff
  • Like 5