My School List For 2020-2021 Application Cycle

Hello,

Please review my stats and tell me what you think of the list of schools I’m considering applying to without taking the GRE.

Undergraduate Degree - Molecular and Cell Biology from University of California, Berkeley 

GPA - 3.65                                                                     Science GPA - 3.5                Intermediate in Spanish            BLS and EMT certified

ED Scribe - 160 hours                                           Caregiver - 2000 hours                    EMT - 1000 hours            Various volunteering - 1000 hours

Intensive Care Unit Volunteer - 750 hours       Wet Lab Research- 400 hours      PA Shadowing - 120 hours       Substitute Teacher - 800 hours

*I have a good personal statement essay and good letters of recommendation.
44FD2296-2AEB-4CF2-9F6A-910485D590A2.thumb.png.a8c18124be5d8399b9bf692d3c3cd1b5.png

Edited by Joemonkey

2 minutes ago, constantlyeating said:

Your stats are definitely solid! Is there a particular reason you don't want to take the GRE? I honestly didn't think it was too bad when I took it and doing so opens up your options a lot more! 

Thank you

I’m just not interested in taking it right now. There are many schools that don’t require it.

I’ll consider what you’ve said as I continue exploring school choices.

based off my experience and looking at your stats you’ll get interviewed at most of the nor and s cal schools- you went to UC Brainiac and have good experience you’ll be fine. i’ve highlighted the ones I think you’d like based off my research and experience.

start preparing for your interviews, get all your lors in, write meaningful experiences in caspa all around before June that way you’ll qualify for early interviews, get an early decision and decide where you wanna go. save up for flights

know the schools mission and why you’d want to attend.

here are programs I’d add that are top notch with a lot of support that i think you’d get an interview for

university of tampa

yale online

ucD 

i’ve applied and interviewed at most of the schools on your list lmk if you have any other questions.

ps: for AT still i would recommend waiting until later on in the cycle to click submit, for them to get the green light , last I spoke to them they were still physically under construction. 

DB4504F5-2DE6-484C-8C01-C7F1D08799EF.jpeg

4D269E1B-D436-4239-93DB-ABD278960045.jpeg

Edited by hustleforthePAC
added schools

4 hours ago, hustleforthePAC said:

based off my experience and looking at your stats you’ll get interviewed at most of the nor and s cal schools- you went to UC Brainiac and have good experience you’ll be fine. i’ve highlighted the ones I think you’d like based off my research and experience.

start preparing for your interviews, get all your lors in, write meaningful experiences in caspa all around before June that way you’ll qualify for early interviews, get an early decision and decide where you wanna go. save up for flights

know the schools mission and why you’d want to attend.

here are programs I’d add that are top notch with a lot of support that i think you’d get an interview for

university of tampa

yale online

ucD 

i’ve applied and interviewed at most of the schools on your list lmk if you have any other questions.

ps: for AT still i would recommend waiting until later on in the cycle to click submit, for them to get the green light , last I spoke to them they were still physically under construction. 

DB4504F5-2DE6-484C-8C01-C7F1D08799EF.jpeg

4D269E1B-D436-4239-93DB-ABD278960045.jpeg

Hi, 
Thank you for the insightful reply.

Yes, I was planning to wait until AT Still was given accreditation before I applied. I plan to do the same with Samuel Merrit because it was placed on probationary status. Also, there are some other CA schools opening, such as Point Loma Lazarene, which I’ll apply to if given accreditation.

I’ll consider what you’ve said and reach out to you if I have any questions.

Hi, 
Thank you for the insightful reply.
Yes, I was planning to wait until AT Still was given accreditation before I applied. I plan to do the same with Samuel Merrit because it was placed on probationary status. Also, there are some other CA schools opening, such as Point Loma Lazarene, which I’ll apply to if given accreditation.
I’ll consider what you’ve said and reach out to you if I have any questions.

Sam Merritt won’t look at applications until their fall semester is done usually December- invites will go out late December for weekend interview dates in January and first week of February. SMU is transparent about their probation status and its a legit program, they have a really nice cadaver lab. Students there seem pretty happy. Loma Linda is nice too, great hospitals in area- long supplemental application due two weeks after submitting but worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, hustleforthePAC said:

Sam Merritt won’t look at applications until their fall semester is done usually December- invites will go out late December for weekend interview dates in January and first week of February. SMU is transparent about their probation status and its a legit program, they have a really nice cadaver lab. Students there seem pretty happy. Loma Linda is nice too, great hospitals in area- long supplemental application due two weeks after submitting but worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay thank you

3 hours ago, Pava18 said:

I applied to most schools you listed and got accepted to Le Moyne, PCOM, St John’s, and Sullivan! However I decided to attend Gardner Webb which is near Charlotte NC and I love it so far. Maybe add that one to your list? 

Thank you for your input

I will consider adding Gardner Webb to my list. 

It seems like you did not get into any CA schools. Did you apply to them?  I live in CA and would prefer to stay here.

I am from the east coast so I wanted to stay on the east coast! I only applied to Western on the west coast and when I found out I got interviews on the east coast I turned down the interview offer for western. Best of luck I’m applying and let me know if you have any other questions!