Has anyone gotten in with a "low" GPA?

I went to Cornell for undergrad and finished with a 3.3 cGPA and 3.2 sGPA. I've visited Weill and I loved it so much, as well as my time in Cornell, and I'd love to pursue graduate studies in the same institution, but I know they're very numbers based, and was wondering if I even had a chance / if anyone had been accepted with GPAs similar to mine?

I'm planning on applying the next cycle. The rest of my application would look like the following. 

GRE: 324

PCE: 2800 hours as a medical screener / phlebotomist

LORs: PA I shadowed, Supervisor at work, (not sure about the third)

100  volunteering hours at a hospital.

50 shadowing hours. 

Cheers. 

Edited by babyface

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi! I’m a 2nd year PA student at Cornell. On the website, the average GPA for the most recent class is around a 3.6. I believe that Cornell has a holistic approach when looking at applications, but it doesn’t hurt to retake some classes to boost the GPA if you can. These are just my thoughts, but you can always email them with questions. PM me if you have any other questions 🙂