Ortho Surgical Compensation

I am looking to see how everyone is compensated for your surgery first assist cases. Currently I have a base salary with a quarterly bonus solely based on pt encounters ( I see a pt and it count's as 1 encounter regardless of rvu, so i can see post -op and still get credit.) My problem is I do not get any credit for assisting in surgical cases/rounding. I am making the hospital money as they bill for the first assist. In reality I could stop doing surgery all together and just see pt's in clinic and make more money based off of my current compensation agreement. The hospital would make less as they wouldn't be able to bill out for my first assist. The hospital has agreed to compensate me somehow for my surgery time. I just need to present a reasonable surgical bonus method that has been used at other facilities. I enjoy working in surgery so I don't want to get rid of it by any means and we are getting busier each day with our surgery's. Currently 12-15 cases a month. I fell like I can make some good money If I can present a good option to navigate my current situation. Any thoughts and Ideas would be appreciated.