COVID-19 and Job Security

COVID-19 Crisis and Job Security   

119 members have voted

1. 1. Do you fear losing your job due to COVID-19 crisis?

• Yes
    • No
    • I've lost my job already
    • My hours were cut

On 4/8/2020 at 9:04 AM, RadAssPA said:

I've heard so many physician say "If I had to do it all over again I would become a PA". Never once have I heard "If I had to do it all over again I would become an NP". Just sayin...

Same here. I'm sure this is probably a "grass is greener" sort of thing and physicians don't truly know the market competition that PAs have with NPs, but I have heard of a lot of these physicians discuss their disappointment with the current state of our healthcare system and more and more administrative burden and costs plus litigation concerns. Maybe they think we're somehow immune to it or have less exposure?

Edited by SedRate
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, mgriffiths said:

From a litigation standpoint this has generally been true in the past, but more and more PAs are being held accountable for their own medical management (as they should be).

Yep, like I said, physicians may somehow think something different, so it's likely a misconception by physicians.