CNA class plus Pre-Reqs

I have six pre-reqs left. One I'm taking in four weeks during the summer session and I'm signed up for two in the fall. My local CC doesn't offer any CNA class that will fit in during the fall semester so I could take the CNA class plus the two pre-reqs. I'm torn between dropping one of the fall classes and doing the CNA class. I think they are both equally important considering the only HCE I have so far is a patient care assistant volunteer in my local ER. Do you guys think this would be a good choice? Thanks.

I have six pre-reqs left. One I'm taking in four weeks during the summer session and I'm signed up for two in the fall. My local CC doesn't offer any CNA class that will fit in during the fall semester so I could take the CNA class plus the two pre-reqs. I'm torn between dropping one of the fall classes and doing the CNA class. I think they are both equally important considering the only HCE I have so far is a patient care assistant volunteer in my local ER. Do you guys think this would be a good choice? Thanks.

if i could go back in time i would have done my CNA class sooner and worked as a CNA while I completed my degree and prereqs. dont waste your time and money doing a CNA course at a CC. i got mine in 2 weeks, class was led by an RN who did CNA training on the side. might be hard to find a program like that but they are out there. all CNA programs have to be registered with the state (atleast where i live) so find whatever body/agency in your state that registers the CNA courses and you should be able to find a complete list

if i could go back in time i would have done my CNA class sooner and worked as a CNA while I completed my degree and prereqs. dont waste your time and money doing a CNA course at a CC. i got mine in 2 weeks, class was led by an RN who did CNA training on the side. might be hard to find a program like that but they are out there. all CNA programs have to be registered with the state (atleast where i live) so find whatever body/agency in your state that registers the CNA courses and you should be able to find a complete list

Sounds about right, the classes range anywhere from $550-$1500 (Michigan) but the cheaper ones don't include many of your state testing fees etc.... so it ends up being close to $1000 when all said and done, while the more expensive courses usually are an all inclusive type deal which makes it more streamline with less leg work on the students behalf when you get to the testing etc....

Sounds about right, the classes range anywhere from $550-$1500 (Michigan) but the cheaper ones don't include many of your state testing fees etc.... so it ends up being close to $1000 when all said and done, while the more expensive courses usually are an all inclusive type deal which makes it more streamline with less leg work on the students behalf when you get to the testing etc....

Archived