10-20 seconds "What a PA is"

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"I'm Dr. Xxxx's Physician Assistant" Works like a charm every time.

I've also used;

"I'm Dr Xxxx's little guy" which gets a laugh

confidence and presentation means a lot... Very rarely do I get pushback.

Personally I'd never want to say something like that. Certainly if it works for you that's fine. But that kind of language seems to encourage the misunderstanding that you're a med tech or something.

I've also used;

Personally I'd never want to say something like that. Certainly if it works for you that's fine. But that kind of language seems to encourage the misunderstanding that you're a med tech or something.

I've also used;

A lot of personal statements give good ideas about what a PA is. Something like this might clear things up: "A PA is somebody who likes to help people. But they only want to do it for a limited time during the day, which is good because PAs have much better shifts and hours than doctors do. In addition, because they don't really do much else, they have a ton of time to hang out in the room with patients to develop personal relationships with each one of them. Before becomming a PA they established a long history of experience by shadowing PAs."

A lot of personal statements give good ideas about what a PA is. Something like this might clear things up: "A PA is somebody who likes to help people. But they only want to do it for a limited time during the day, which is good because PAs have much better shifts and hours than doctors do. In addition, because they don't really do much else, they have a ton of time to hang out in the room with patients to develop personal relationships with each one of them. Before becomming a PA they established a long history of experience by shadowing PAs."

Archived