Michigan Just Waived PA/NP Physician Supervision

13 minutes ago, rpackelly said:

For COVID patients and during the emergency.  Also, liability is partially waived unless gross negligence occurs.  

Partially waived liability means liability.  If you have ever been in a lawsuit, the scumbag attorney ALWAYS makes it sound like "gross negligence"....and with people dropping like flies out there, there are going to be a ton of lawsuits filed in about 15 months...

Not worth it.

• Like 1

Physician supervision or not, PA can still get sued alone. Physican's name will get drop later if clearly not their fault. That's what I learned from our legal department. We have many cases like that. I know some PA still think we can get away with killing as long as we have a supervising doc, that is not true. That's why I advocate FPAR/OTP, I'm okay with collaborating physician but not supervision. When was last time any of you truly get supervised?

Edited by PACali
  • Upvote 2