2020-2021 Application cycle!

21 hours ago, avekat said:

For anyone accepted, can you tell me about the interview process? Overall thoughts? Things that tripped you up? General vibe?

Definitely know why you want to be a PA (sounds obvious but make sure you can verbalize it). They wanted to know how you handle stress and what you do to de-stress. One interviewer asked me an ethical question, so stay strong on your point of view because she tried to get me to cave. Overall though it was really more conversational than being drilled. Very relaxed and they genuinely just wanted to get to know me. Oh, make sure you ask them questions to show you’re interested! Good luck! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Guest wildalaska
21 hours ago, avekat said:

For anyone accepted, can you tell me about the interview process? Overall thoughts? Things that tripped you up? General vibe?

Yeah, I agree with @LianaJawad. Be well versed in the bread and butter questions of PA interviews - why you want to be a PA, why PA versus MD/NP, challenges you might face as a PA, etc. These are questions you’ll see in any interview though, not specific questions to UF.

The interview was definitely a conversation, I was talking about it between interviews with the other candidates because I was so pleasantly surprised at how fun it was. The faculty I interviewed with truly did want to get to know me as a person. It was very cool to hear personal stories and experiences from them, hear their opinions on questions they had asked me, etc. I also had ethical questions where I talked about both points of view, but ultimately picked a side and backed it up under pressure.

It was a long two days between orientation and interviewing, but well worth it. They answered all the questions I had going in, plus a ton of questions I didn’t even know I had. The current students were all very candid about their experiences, too.

14 minutes ago, paschoolpls said:

For those who interviewed, what were your times, and how long were the sessions? I am three hours behind Florida and trying to form a plan for where I should do my calls.

Interviews are timed at 20 minutes. When you are invited for an interview, Ms. Kays will send you an email with your scheduled interview times (everyone gets three interviews). Everyone is required to login to zoom at 0745 or 1245 EST (depending on what interview session you get) to check-in. Afterward, you only need to be on the zoom call 10 minutes before each of your interviews begin, though I stayed on the zoom call and spoke with the other people interviewing. 

Congratulations to everyone accepted so far! I received an email today granting me an interview, contingent on the evaluation of my Gen Chem syllabi. Fingers crossed for good news tomorrow or early next week 🙂 For those wondering, I took Casper first week of May, submitted my CASPA app in mid May, received application confirmation email 5/26, and received the second level evaluation email 6/15. 

On 9/26/2020 at 4:44 PM, JordanL said:

Can anyone help me please ASAP. I tried emailing Karen because my UF orientation packet has been lost in the mail. Can anyone PM me with what is in the packet and how important is the information in the packet?

Or if anyone having orientation on 9/28 so this upcoming monday, could contact me. If anyone can help me out, that would be greatly appreciated 🙌🏽

Messaged you.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 4:44 PM, JordanL said:

Can anyone help me please ASAP. I tried emailing Karen because my UF orientation packet has been lost in the mail. Can anyone PM me with what is in the packet and how important is the information in the packet?

Or if anyone having orientation on 9/28 so this upcoming monday, could contact me. If anyone can help me out, that would be greatly appreciated 🙌🏽

Same thing happened to me, don’t sweat it it’s not a big deal. It has zero consequence to you interview if you don’t have it. She’ll get back to you though she’s pretty good about it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Congratulations!! Do you mine sharing your dates about when you applied/heard info back?

Thanks! I don’t mind sharing that info. They received my CASPA app on 5/19. I got the forward to the second level of evaluation on 6/16, the interview offer contingent on my course syllabi on 9/24, and then the call on 10/1.

Hi everyone! I was just checking to see if anyone who applied in August has heard anything? I received an email August 10th saying that they had received my application, but haven’t heard anything since. Just curious if anyone from August has gotten an interview or a secondary review email? Thanks!

4 minutes ago, jennsPA said:

Hi everyone! I was just checking to see if anyone who applied in August has heard anything? I received an email August 10th saying that they had received my application, but haven’t heard anything since. Just curious if anyone from August has gotten an interview or a secondary review email? Thanks!

Hi! I applied in June and haven’t heard anything. But that doesn’t mean we won’t hear soon! I saw that last year people got interviews without getting the secondary review email. I think its not necessarily in chronological order and like some people said above, they may interview candidates who are the “best of the best” first and then keep sifting through the applications. The waiting game sucks! But the best we can do is stay positive! Hoping for some news this week! We got this. 

• Like 3

On 9/19/2020 at 4:44 PM, Thenerdyatc said:

Has anyone who submitted in July heard back yet? This is driving me crazy !

I submitted 07/14/20 and today around 1700 I received an secondary review email stating:

"The Admissions Committee has completed their initial review of your application and it has been forwarded for second level evaluation by members of the Admissions Committee."

Edited by whatsPAppin

19 hours ago, whatsPAppin said:

I submitted 07/14/20 and today around 1700 I received an secondary review email stating:

"The Admissions Committee has completed their initial review of your application and it has been forwarded for second level evaluation by members of the Admissions Committee."

Darn I applied 7/10 and got the moving into initial review email but since then haven’t heard anything either way. Staying hopeful though since I haven’t received a flat out rejection yet 🤞🏽

Edited by Nikkirae
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, farleyaj said:

Do you mind sharing when you submitted your application?

App submitted July 6th, verified July 20th, second level evaluation September 24th. Called for interview October 5th!!!

EDIT Stats:

309 GRE 4.0 Writing

cumulative science 3.59

cumulative non-science 3.91

1000+ hrs HCE (internship)

1500+hrs PCE (Athletic Trainer)

152 hrs Shadow (PA)

Edited by Thenerdyatc

I submitted my application 5/28 and got the second level evaluation email yesterday 10/6, so there’s still hope for everyone! I’ve already been accepted to my top choice program but I thought I was out of the running for UF based on the lack of news over the past several months. 

Hey everyone. I submitted my CASPA on 6/8 and it was verified on 6/12. I submitted my supplemental well before my CASPA. On 8/10, UF sent me an email saying I passed the second level of evaluation. I got offered an interview via phone call on 9/21. My interview days were 9/28 and 9/30. Still waiting to hear back but I'm hopeful! Hopefully this helps someone out! Anyone from that interview day hear anything back yet?

Overall GPA: 3.51

Science GPA: 3.39

GRE: 155 Q, 154 V, 4.0 writing

patient care hours: 8000+

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, jhalt said:

Hey everyone. I submitted my CASPA on 6/8 and it was verified on 6/12. I submitted my supplemental well before my CASPA. On 8/10, UF sent me an email saying I passed the second level of evaluation. I got offered an interview via phone call on 9/21. My interview days were 9/28 and 9/30. Still waiting to hear back but I'm hopeful! Hopefully this helps someone out! Anyone from that interview day hear anything back yet?

Overall GPA: 3.51

Science GPA: 3.39

GRE: 155 Q, 154 V, 4.0 writing

patient care hours: 8000+

I interviewed on 8/31 and 9/1 and still haven’t heard back, but it’s ok! If you remember they said they accept people all the way into December, and they start to make more acceptance calls in October. So we are really close! You got this! We can wait it out together 🙂 haha

• Like 1