2020-2021 Application cycle!

I kinda get the feeling all the seats were not filled today... in my interview (and other sessions I noticed people posted about) they told us that they would let us know by mid December. I’m wondering if the person who posted earlier may have misunderstood when they were talking about the school calling today. They may have confused early acceptances from the 12/1 session getting called today with overall acceptances. I just would think a lot more people would have posted about being accepted. I could be wrong though! 

Edited by moldyflower7
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, moldyflower7 said:

I kinda get the feeling all the seats were not filled today... in my interview (and other sessions I noticed people posted about) they told us that they would let us know by mid December. I’m wondering if the person who posted earlier may have misunderstood when they were talking about the school calling today. They may have confused early acceptances from the 12/1 session getting called today with overall acceptances. I just would think a lot more people would have posted about being accepted. I could be wrong though! 

I was also in the 11/30 -12/2 interview and I can confirm Ms. Patton did say this. She said they were working and pushing to finalize lists and notify all acceptances Friday (today) and all others Monday. Maybe they didn't hit their target though, or maybe some acceptances have declined their offers. There's always hope!

Received my acceptance call this morning, will definitely be attending 🙂 

Edited by amac727
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, amac727 said:

I was also in the 11/30 -12/2 interview and I can confirm Ms. Patton did say this. She said they were working and pushing to finalize lists and notify all acceptances Friday (today) and all others Monday. Maybe they didn't hit their target though, or maybe some acceptances have declined their offers. There's always hope!

Received my acceptance call this morning, will definitely be attending 🙂 

I stand corrected! Thanks for the info!

1 hour ago, qe2014424 said:

Unsure if just me, but anxiously waiting to hear more news today (either good or bad). Congratulations on those who have been accepted already! And for those waiting to hear back today, sending you all good vibes. We got this ❤️ 

Definitely not just you! Hopefully today is the day for us all 🙂 

Guest wildalaska
9 minutes ago, Thenerdyatc said:

Update!! Got notification that I am on an alternate list. 😐 No notice of where I stand on that list. Does anyone know how many alternates they select and any data on how many people come off the alternate list every year, if any?

On their website, under Admissions Overview > Acceptance, they state they select a class of 60 students with an alternate list of 30 applicants, but no information regarding the average number of alternates that are selected...

7 minutes ago, Thenerdyatc said:

Update!! Got notification that I am on an alternate list. 😐 No notice of where I stand on that list. Does anyone know how many alternates they select and any data on how many people come off the alternate list every year, if any?

I was also placed on the alternate list. My email stated that I was in the Top 5 of the list. From my understanding of the process, we do not get to know where we stand on the list unless it’s in the Top 5 which would be stated in the email. As for information on alternatives matriculating into the program i am unsure. I emailed Ms. Kays back and asked about the likelihood of matriculation based on prior years so we’ll have to see what she says back. However at least this isn’t an altogether rejection so we gotta try to be thankful for the small things I suppose for now. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1