2020-2021 Application cycle!

Hey everyone! Reading through all of these acceptances makes me so happy for everyone 🙂 I received an invitation to interview on 11/30 and 12/1 which is so very exciting!!! I got the schedule for the interview and it looks kinda intense and very packed with so much on that first day. Just wanted to see how this went for other people and your experience with it. I'm all ears to any helpful info. 

8 minutes ago, Ag4776143 said:

Hey everyone! Reading through all of these acceptances makes me so happy for everyone 🙂 I received an invitation to interview on 11/30 and 12/1 which is so very exciting!!! I got the schedule for the interview and it looks kinda intense and very packed with so much on that first day. Just wanted to see how this went for other people and your experience with it. I'm all ears to any helpful info. 

Heya! So the first day is VERY smooth. You can tell that the program put a lot of effort into making it feel like how it would be during non-covid times. The program looks good on paper, and it gets better when you learn more about it. No "helpful info" to give. Just enjoy yourself! Good luck!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sammy851 said:

Hey guys! For the ppl who got accepted, do u know how many spots are left? 

I just got the secondary review email last week! I have to admit that I was pretty surprised to get it this late (I applied originally in June), but I guess that means they are still planning to do more interviews?

On 11/19/2020 at 12:59 PM, PAPaula said:

Does anyone know if they are still sending out interview invitations? I applied mid July and received a confirmation e-mail but haven't heard anything since. 

Idk if they are still sending out invites, but I do know that their last interview session is going to be the week after thanksgiving on 11/30 and 12/1. All final acceptance choices (including who is on the waitlist) will be made by mid December. That’s the info they told us during my interview.

I received an interview invite and was able to ask Ms. Kay a few questions! She said the interviews being held 11/30-12/1 are the final round and the ADCOM is hoping to complete admissions decisions by the week of 12/7. Hopefully this holds true. I am SO excited! I kind of counted myself out of this class because I submitted back in late-May. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, FuturePA9999 said:

Same, I never got a secondary review email so it looks like they haven’t even see my app which is pretty disappointing!

I just got my secondary review email a week ago, and then an interview invite the next day. I turned it down though. Hopefully they're still looking. Don't give up hope. 🙂 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mw1996 said:

if we have not heard back should we assume that we have been denied? I just read that the last interview is next week and I have not heard anything from them since I submitted my app

I wouldn't count yourself out yet. It may be the last scheduled interview session but if something happens and they want to look at more applicants maybe they'll do some more dates. It is not over until you get that rejection letter. Stay in the fight and continue to search for ways you can improve 👊

• Like 4

8 hours ago, MichaelW said:

I wouldn't count yourself out yet. It may be the last scheduled interview session but if something happens and they want to look at more applicants maybe they'll do some more dates. It is not over until you get that rejection letter. Stay in the fight and continue to search for ways you can improve 👊

Thank you for the positivity! Wishing you the best 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ag4776143 said:

Hey guys!! Wondering if anyone is interviewing tomorrow? I'm interviewing from Pensacola and was wondering if the interview times are in Eastern Time? (cause pensacola is in central time)

Yes eastern time zone. Not gonna lie..getting the times right in regards to different time zones was the biggest stress of the interview lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Whitecoat2 said:

Has anyone received a rejection yet? I haven’t heard anything yet and it seems there are a lot of us in the same boat. 

Same! I heard the last session of interviews has already passed, but it seems like they haven’t even reviewed my app! I emailed today asking for some sort of update... I applied late July. 

Just some updated info for those who interviewed earlier on for those interested. I just interviewed this week and Ms. Patton ( Director of admissions) let us all know that she was going to really push for all the phone calls of who has been accepted to be placed on friday (12/4) and then will be sending out the emails for those who have been either waitlisted or rejected on monday (12/7). Wishing everyone the best of luck!!!! 

Edited by Ag4776143
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ag4776143 said:

Just some updated info for those who interviewed earlier on for those interested. I just interviewed this week and Ms. Patton ( Director of admissions) let us all know that she was going to really push for all the phone calls of who has been accepted to be placed on friday (12/4) and then will be sending out the emails for those who have been either waitlisted or rejected on monday (12/7). Wishing everyone the best of luck!!!! 

Thank you so much for posting this! Good luck to you as well.